FA Cup 2nd Round Draw | Page 4 | Vital Football

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

Our next match in the FA Cup is at home.
Ipswich, already not interest in the Cup, have 2 hard away matches ahead of them.
An easy home tie in round 2 would have made our chances of being in round 2 lower. Perversely I think this is actually not a bad draw.

Kick off delayed to 20:40 at Harrogate Town due to power outage. Alex Bradley on the bench.
Fun for travelling Portsmouth fans!

Our next match in the FA Cup is at home.
Ipswich, already not interest in the Cup, have 2 hard away matches ahead of them.
An easy home tie in round 2 would have made our chances of being in round 2 lower. Perversely I think this is actually not a bad draw.

ipswich at home in the replay should be a decent night at the Bank.
hotel and trains already booked............bring it on,we are playing well and it`s just fine margins before we convert these draws to wins and confidence will zoom!

Not necessarily. Sunderland have to win at Gillingham (long way to go on a Tuesday) and then beat another League 1 side to reach the third round. Could hardly be tougher.
Furthermore, Sunderland have lost their last four away games, scoring only one goal. Combined with the midweek distance and the imperative to win promotion asap, I don't think it will be high on their agenda.

ipswich at home in the replay should be a decent night at the Bank.
hotel and trains already booked............bring it on,we are playing well and it`s just fine margins before we convert these draws to wins and confidence will zoom!
that`s not forgetting the monster curry prior to the game at MA`s favourite curry house, drinking his favourite tipple .......peroni.
.................................................pass me a naan bread.........anyone for a vegetable paratha?

Was thinking of going to Coventry (St Andrew’s) league game for new ground, but might be easier for me to get to potential cup game. Not fancying <5,000 in a 30,000 ground though.

Being totally selfish that draw suits me just fine. About half an hour away for me. We'll probably lose the replay now

Furthermore, Sunderland have lost their last four away games, scoring only one goal. Combined with the midweek distance and the imperative to win promotion asap, I don't think it will be high on their agenda.

I dont suppose there is any way you can predict anything. If anything I would prefer to be in the 3rd round of the FA Cup but if we get knocked out and they get through I will be seriously peed off that, that would mean missing another big day out.

FA Cup draws can be deceptive, it often depends on how seriously the opposition wants to win. The non-league clubs and vast majority in League Two desperately want to win to get to the potentially lucrative but usually elusive third round, while an increasing number of clubs even in League One are valuing it less and less. And that refers to the fish out of water - the likes of Portsmouth, Sunderland, Ipswich and Coventry - whose real intent lies in promotion. A big third round tie for those clubs is not as significant as for the likes of us because they will soon be back in the Championship with an automatic trip to the third round in the offing very soon. Their financial rewards do not lie in the FA Cup in the same way. On that basis, I don't think Coventry is that daunting a draw.