FA Charge PG for wearing political ribbon | Vital Football

FA Charge PG for wearing political ribbon

Rising

Alert Team
Why now? He's been wearing it since the Lord left Ireland.
The chipping away at City ahead of the weekend's big game is now getting ridiculous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43174407

The charge of course, the FA fight for the right for the national side to wear the poppy, which is widely perceived as a political symbol outside the UK, yet they charge someone for what many would consider to be the same.

Mrs KCT suggests that for the next game Pop (I presume she means Pep) should wear a bright canary yellow tracksuit with a black ribbon on it by way of protest.

Utterly ridiculous, and I suspect it's being used as a way to unsettle us more than anything else. As BD so rightly pointed out, the FA are hypocrites.

See the thread ‘Unsettleing City’

The timing stinks. He started wearing it in November and apparently has received two warnings. The charge was triggered it seems when he wore it pitchside on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43174407

There’s a good chance that he simply forgot to remove it before the game. Let’s hopefully that if there is any punishment it is a fine and not a touchline ban.

Several newspapers are reporting Pep will ignore the FA and continue to wear his ribbon.
This will not end well if he does.

I really like the idea of Pep wearing a yellow jacket with a black ribbon.

Many fans are talking about wearing a yellow ribbon on Sunday - which should give the media something to talk about!

I think this one is going to get a bit messy.

Rising - 24/2/2018 08:54

johnkelv - 24/2/2018 08:51

He has to wear it, he can't back down now.

That's my thinking too, JK, but I worry about the consequences.

all he has to do is take it off before he goes to the pitchside dugout, he has not been wearing it recently there, but he can do so anywhere else like Press conferences, to my mind I think he simply forgot to remove it for the game

As Oziman says - he knows the rules and as Skoorb points out he has received two warnings.

Personally I hope he wears it tomorrow but even if he doesn't it has raised more publicity about the issue of Catalan independence and the two imprisioned protestors - which if we're honest if it weren't for Pep none of us on here would give a shit about.

Rising - 24/2/2018 08:54

johnkelv - 24/2/2018 08:51

He has to wear it, he can't back down now.

That's my thinking too, JK, but I worry about the consequences.
The adverse consequences will be a touchline ban and a fine, but he has to stand for what he believes in, people in jail for no crime are political prisoners and its 2018.

If you have a minute or two, read Martin Samuel's article on the subject of the FA's handling of Pep's ribbon issue.
Martin: :001: :001: :001:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5437783/How-FA-tied-knots-Peps-ribbon.html

Good post Rising, Martin Samuel's voice of reason - why do we have muppets in charge of the FA instead of proper people who understand what is going on in the world.