F@@@ The Disabled | Page 3 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

I will always vote for a political party that makes getting FREE MONEY hard.

Ooooh look, he says free money in capital letters to be all shouty.

:19: :19: :19:

Is that the same FREE MONEY that I am now receiving after paying taxes for 42 years? For contacting an occupational disease that the Government knew about and did nothing about for 40 years before I contacted it?

Or is it some other FREE MONEY that I don't know about?

Confused of Netherton :69:

The bald! Oh sorry you said minorities more baldies than you can shake a stick at on here

Would be interesting to gather opinion of who is classed as "sick" or disabled and so on.

I know people will happily question my life all day long, but I am on the flip side of the flip flop chaos. I'm back working full time, have had 2 days off in the last 3 months (compared to 14 in the previous 3 months) and pushing to continue.

If I was to go sick outside of my allowance, the state apparently would back me up to the tune of £96 a week. That wouldn't pay my rent and I'd be on the street.

Interesting question raised - Why should I suffer for falling on hard times despite paying tax and NI?

The never ending question I sadly feel.

Green Tea - 1/3/2013 22:01

I will always vote for a political party that makes getting FREE MONEY hard.

GT with respect you obviously have never needed help with your health and work. Sit where I do with people who need help with there welfare forms who can't possible work. Who have there money stopped because they don't understand what they have to do IE like the woman I helped last week who has learning difficulties and had her money stopped as she didn't realize the implications of not going for her medical.

The Schizophrenic who I sat with the other day helping with his forms who was so stressed and upset and tell me it should be hard. It is hard enough.

The word that springs to mind GT is compassion and if you sat where I do then maybe you would have some

I have a son with bi-polar. Would you deny him his DLA. My son nearly died 18 months ago through it. That is my baby my child I bought into the world and no parent should even have to contemplate there own child's death. Your supposed to bury your parents not the other way round.

I just can't comprehend your thinking at times GT, I really can't.

There for the grace of God go I springs to mind for me

randy.stand - 1/3/2013 22:40

I think every minority gets targeted by GT. It the gays last month, who next?

And please don't get him started on about the gay disabled. :22:

Derby County have just back tracked over disabled season tickets.

Was going up £200 but after the press got involved, it's only going up £100.

That said, that is less of a rise for able bodied ST holders.

I worked in mobility assistance at Brum New Street and I've got to say the disabled passengers were worse than the commuters delayed on a Friday eve king.

The elderly, blind, deaf were awesome, it was the wheelchair folk et al. That were horrendous!

This country treats disability wrongly, in that it is very linear....better focus shouldbe made on individual groups.

Jonah - 2/3/2013 13:27

Either that or shoot the lot of 'em.

With a water gun or a pellet gun Jonah :17: :25: Bang bang your dead 6 bullets in your head taking me back to my youngsters school days

I think Jonah is David Cameron in disguise :17:

murph - 1/3/2013 23:22

Would be interesting to gather opinion of who is classed as "sick" or disabled and so on.

not really mate. This is about Disability Living Allowance.

It is for the disabled.

Depression is horrible, but that isn't the same as this topic as I don't think depression is classified in the disability arena. I could, however, (shocking to think) be wrong.

But this is about mobility etc and the free money these scrounging disabled cretins get. Jeez, imagine if they are gay and black and muslim as well. Hang em all I would think?

:178:

You would, if your mental illness had such an effect to affect your life in such away that you needed assistant in your daily life qualify for the care component of DLA.

The Fear - 2/3/2013 17:26

murph - 1/3/2013 23:22

not really mate. This is about Disability Living Allowance.

It is for the disabled.

Depression is horrible, but that isn't the same as this topic as I don't think depression is classified in the disability arena. I could, however, (shocking to think) be wrong.

But this is about mobility etc and the free money these scrounging disabled cretins get. Jeez, imagine if they are gay and black and muslim as well. Hang em all I would think?

:178:

Depression does come under the umbrella of mental illness/disability JF. I don't mean the type of 'I am a bit down' today.

Clinical depression/bi-polar/Scizophrenia/OCD/Addiction (we won't go there. Just another example) ADHD Learning difficulties and so on.

They all part of the care needs of DLA.

Low rate mobility is usually paid to someone with DLA care for mental illness/disability because the person struggles with going out= Agoraphobia and needs support someone with them etc. Those on that with low rate disability are likely to lose there low rate under PIPS