Extra Time Goal Sees Millers Out Of Cup | Vital Football

Extra Time Goal Sees Millers Out Of Cup

We generally played quite well, but familiar problems of conceding an early goal, failure to put away chances, more corners than our opponents but not much goal-threat from them, and crumbling when substitutions are made. Some good individual performances today , especially Olosunde, though it is becoming difficult to believe that Hirst and Vassell will ever score against teams above L1 level. Our other forwards are hardly prolific, but Freddie might have made a difference today - a pity that he was out injured. When Smith, Crooks and Olasunde were all substituted, I feared the worst. Got to try turn decent performances into points in the league now, which we have been struggling to do this season. Let's hope that Olosunde gets an injury-free spell too.

Also, why TWO keepers on the bench? I know we were limited because some players were "Cup tied", but young Greaves could have been one of the subs, or one of the other Academy team players. Tilt was on the bench, but wasn't brought on.

Last edited:
Exactly, Mike, I don't get it that we had two 'keepers on the bench when we have young lads who could fill the spot - we weren't going to play two 'keepers so why not give a youth lad a chance to be on the bench with first teamers?

And I guess that Freddie's injury occurred in training?