Extinction Rebellion | Page 8 | Vital Football

Extinction Rebellion

People want "tough" policing and object to "human rights" (that are often deliberately misrepresented to stir up a shitstorm). However, if it comes to them, they start squealing about their rights being infringed.

Very easy to criticise and moan about how the police operate. They can't win imo.

As most will no doubt be aware, I say this as a big supporter of the police.

Try living in almost any other country and see what it is like having the sort of police force that some on here seem to want. You'd shit yourselves

People want "tough" policing and object to "human rights" (that are often deliberately misrepresented to stir up a shitstorm). However, if it comes to them, they start squealing about their rights being infringed.

Very easy to criticise and moan about how the police operate. They can't win imo.

As most will no doubt be aware, I say this as a big supporter of the police.

Try living in almost any other country and see what it is like having the sort of police force that some on here seem to want. You'd shit yourselves
What does it take to deliberately mis-represent (or misunderstand) ?

The problem is less about "tough policing" and more about selective policing - that comes down hard on those without metro-media-luvvie support - while giving a free-pass to those on the Guardian's approved list.

Whatever I might think about the cause of Insulate Britain, I defend their right to talk about it.
But these people seem not to have heard of "do no harm to others".....
...which is exactly what road-blocking does.

If Tommy Robinson had sat down on a major road, how long would he have lasted (once the police had arrived) ?
5 minutes ?
Tea, biscuits and offers of help ???

The law is supposed to be impartial.
One day you might find yourself supporting something that the Police establishment disapprove of....
...football maybe ...!

Agreed, Nobby. But, in relation to Management, I would add that, IMO, there are too many senior managers in the police at this time. Frequent glances through publicly accessible records (official minutes) of police meetings is quite enlightening in this regard.

Don`t expect a detailed reply, (or any reply) Nobs, as you, well for a short time only (:giggle:) anyway, have to be careful what you say.
I obviously won't comment ๐Ÿ˜‰

But, my point to Bert was that I don't see how the renumeration of senior management has any bearing on the "less aggressive" approach taken by The Police in recent years. As you know, the way public order events are policed has been shaped by the public's reaction to some "naughty" stuff dished out back in the day.
The public can't complain about the poor treatment of the miners or kettling in the may day riots of 2000 (for example) then moan that the police have gone soft because they have addressed those issues.

What does it take to deliberately mis-represent (or misunderstand) ?

The problem is less about "tough policing" and more about selective policing - that comes down hard on those without metro-media-luvvie support - while giving a free-pass to those on the Guardian's approved list.

Whatever I might think about the cause of Insulate Britain, I defend their right to talk about it.
But these people seem not to have heard of "do no harm to others".....
...which is exactly what road-blocking does.

If Tommy Robinson had sat down on a major road, how long would he have lasted (once the police had arrived) ?
5 minutes ?
Tea, biscuits and offers of help ???

The law is supposed to be impartial.
One day you might find yourself supporting something that the Police establishment disapprove of....
...football maybe ...!

Yep, that's what people don't understand. Blocking the public highway is an offence, why were the police standing there watching?

I obviously won't comment ๐Ÿ˜‰

But, my point to Bert was that I don't see how the renumeration of senior management has any bearing on the "less aggressive" approach taken by The Police in recent years. As you know, the way public order events are policed has been shaped by the public's reaction to some "naughty" stuff dished out back in the day.
The public can't complain about the poor treatment of the miners or kettling in the may day riots of 2000 (for example) then moan that the police have gone soft because they have addressed those issues.

My point Nobby is that the "Gods" that comprise the Senior Policemen are clearly more interested in their excessive and un-earned remuneration than in ensuring that law abiding citizens can go about their business.

I am not having a go at the front line policemen, but, they clearly lack any sort, (and I mean any sort) of leadership. I used to work for a major firm who would employ graduates on a fast track career basis irrespective of the type (i.e. subject) of degree they had obtained. They were promoted so quickly that their numerous errors and incompetance was not noticed until they had moved on. The problem came when those same graduates (known as "Educated Idiots") achieved Senior Management/Directorship positions leading to the failure of the Firm. My suspicions may well be untrue, but I do wonder how many of the Police Forces Senior Management qualify for the same description?

Once again in this Country our policemen appear to be more interested in protecting the criminals (and yes, lets face it, they are criminals) than actually protecting the rights of the General Public who, at the end of the day, pay the policeman's wages. If the police aren't going to do anything about the problem immediately it occurs, why aren't they deployed somewhere else where they can do something useful?

My point Nobby is that the "Gods" that comprise the Senior Policemen are clearly more interested in their excessive and un-earned remuneration than in ensuring that law abiding citizens can go about their business.

I am not having a go at the front line policemen, but, they clearly lack any sort, (and I mean any sort) of leadership. I used to work for a major firm who would employ graduates on a fast track career basis irrespective of the type (i.e. subject) of degree they had obtained. They were promoted so quickly that their numerous errors and incompetance was not noticed until they had moved on. The problem came when those same graduates (known as "Educated Idiots") achieved Senior Management/Directorship positions leading to the failure of the Firm. My suspicions may well be untrue, but I do wonder how many of the Police Forces Senior Management qualify for the same description?

Once again in this Country our policemen appear to be more interested in protecting the criminals (and yes, lets face it, they are criminals) than actually protecting the rights of the General Public who, at the end of the day, pay the policeman's wages. If the police aren't going to do anything about the problem immediately it occurs, why aren't they deployed somewhere else where they can do something useful?
There are women in the force as well.

Weโ€™ve been to La Palma
Lovely island
Shame whatโ€™s happening
Maybe they can capitalise on it in the future
Helicopter rides etc