Explosion in Boston | Page 2 | Vital Football

Explosion in Boston

There's quite a lot of Irish in Boston is there not, it's different then for hypocrits like Mr Adams.

One American reporter type suggested every single Saudi in the US should be arrested!

I don't think anyone should be speculating really. Put simply, we don't know until someone claims it. When they do, I hope they burn in hell.

I guess it's in Adams best interests to offer his sympathy to Boston, that city has given him a good salary.

Gerry has a neck like Lester Piggott's backside.
It just seems as though being out and about in big cities is an increasingly risky business.
It's no consolation to those who have lost loved ones (one of them an 8 year-old child for pity's sake) and to those who have been badly maimed but it could have been far, far worse.

I'm not sure how true it is but I did see a story the 8 year old was partaking in the event to an extent, and doing so to raise money for the Sandy Hook massacre families.

if so, that is absolutely heart shattering.

I heard that he was watching his Dad do the marathon.

The big city marathons are so brilliant to spectate or take part in , the atmosphere and goodwill towards the runners is incredible and why someone would want to plant bombs at such an event is well beyond me.

BBJ - 16/4/2013 10:26

it just seems as though being out and about in big cities is an increasingly risky business.

Not sure really BBJ... remember there are thousands of big cities, millions of people day to day all fine in them.

These incidents are outrageous and horrific but don't think we are at more risk these days than we ever have been really.

Yes, perhaps I'm succumbing a little to the hysteria that follows these sorts of events, Fear.

I hope its not the work of an Irish Muslim.

Then again just as possible to be an American.

Who knows?

Apart from Jim that is.

For years the Irish Americans on the east coast funded Irish Republican terrorism by donating to NORAID! Karma? Maybe?

A number of bombs went off yesterday in Iraq too. Sunni Islamist militants linked to al-Qaeda have attempted to destabilise the government by stepping up attacks. I wonder if its connected?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22149863

Initial reports suggest they weren't suicide bombers, which would probably rule out the Allu Akhbar brigade

There are enough nutters inside the states capable of doing this without jumping to conclusions about Islamic terrorists. a definite 'wait and see' for me on this one.

Now the event has occured, I hope it is terrorists rather than an individual headcase, as maybe some good can come of it.

IMO, from the impression I get, and having spent a fair bit of time in NY. The yanks on the north east coast love the IRA yet they hate terrorism, they hate communism, hate a-rabs and love patriotism.

But the IRA are communist terrorists in league with Gadaffi and Castro killing US allied soldiers??

They think the IRA are cute little freedom fighters. They should try telling that to the families of the 21 innocent brummies killed whilst having a pint, and the 150+ victims, many of whom still struggle today.

I was advised when in NY not to go to Boston on a day trip as the english 'arent too liked up there.' I ignored this as I thought it nonsense, but never got the chance to find out as the bad weather stopped our trip. I have though experienced anti english feeling in NY, a few times.

This event yesterday is absolutely disgraceful, I condem it, as I do all terrorism, and feel very sorry for the victims and their families.

I also hope I dont see anymore posting from New Englanders on Sinn Fein websites and Gerry Adams twitter account, advocating terrorist activity again.

Planes slamming into the twin towers did more to stop terrorism in Northern Ireland than anything else.

Green Tea - 16/4/2013 12:37

James06 - 16/4/2013 11:57

Now the event has occured, I hope it is terrorists rather than an individual headcase, as maybe some good can come of it.

IMO, from the impression I get, and having spent a fair bit of time in NY. The yanks on the north east coast love the IRA yet they hate terrorism, they hate communism, hate a-rabs and love patriotism.

But the IRA are communist terrorists in league with Gadaffi and Castro killing US allied soldiers??

They think the IRA are cute little freedom fighters. They should try telling that to the families of the 21 innocent brummies killed whilst having a pint, and the 150+ victims, many of whom still struggle today.

I was advised when in NY not to go to Boston on a day trip as the english 'arent too liked up there.' I ignored this as I thought it nonsense, but never got the chance to find out as the bad weather stopped our trip. I have though experienced anti english feeling in NY, a few times.

This event yesterday is absolutely disgraceful, I condem it, as I do all terrorism, and feel very sorry for the victims and their families.

I also hope I dont see anymore posting from New Englanders on Sinn Fein websites and Gerry Adams twitter account, advocating terrorist activity again.

Its quite strange how you mention the IRA, as the US supreme court ruled in favour of the PSNI receiving tapes made by Dolours Price in the 70's that could name IRA killers of Jean McConville.
Ex-IRA and New York based, Ed Moloney and Anthony McIntyre have been trying to over turn the decision to release them under the 1st amendment. However the court refused to hear their appeal. Its also quite strange that on Moloney's twitter page, he calls it a campaign.

http://www.u.tv/News/PSNI-to-get-Boston-College-IRA-tapes/b74185cf-ce5b-47e0-aa7a-cd6e018b89f2