Expectations | Page 5 | Vital Football

Expectations

It wasn’t until I turned around after ten minutes and commented to the feller sat next to me ‘I didn’t know fleetwood were in the championship’ that I was made aware that after going 1 up against Blackpool we had lost.
I passed out not long after that goal as I’d consumed too many pints on the way down..

MA said last season we'd be less reliant on loan players and have to start having more permanent members of the squad. That's happened (and permanents will be more expensive).

And I'd prefer that. It's then "my" team. Although last year was a great ride, sometimes it felt like the big moments were not from "our" players

I'm sure Yeovil fans enjoyed their one Championship season in 13/14.
Not sure they will enjoy Saturdays National League game at Boreham Wood though.
No point wishing for one season in the second tier if it all goes tits up soon afterwards
Spoke to a Yeovil fan before our home game with them a couple of years back, she said it was a great season one not to be missed even though they got stuffed most weeks !

Musing through this thread while getting caught up. Very few seem over optimistic; many accept last season provided a huge chance to reach the Championship and that this season will be significantly harder. Cannot argue with much of that. At least we are well managed and unlikely to go bust.

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations

Prime aim is to at least stay in League One.
Keep running the club in a sound way.
Keep growing club resources on and off the field and financially.
Move on up the division whenever possible.
Move on up the League whenever that might become possible.
And run on a mixture of patience and desire

Musing through this thread while getting caught up. Very few seem over optimistic; many accept last season provided a huge chance to reach the Championship and that this season will be significantly harder. Cannot argue with much of that. At least we are well managed and unlikely to go bust.

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
I'll just Muse over that one...

It’s still quite early days but at the moment we’re back in the world where win, lose or draw football is an enjoyable day out. This is the world I’ve been used to for decades.

I’m not sure I ever really have expectation, rather hope. At this point in time my hope is that our injury record doesn’t pull us into a relegation scrap.

50 years of supporting the Imps has taught me: Expect the worse and hope for mediocre. Sitting pretty in L1 is way above the clubs pay grade in that time. Therefore everything under the current circumstances is way cool and a little perspective goes a long way.