Expectations for saturday | Vital Football

Expectations for saturday

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
I fear what will happen is that Howe will try to set the team up to play an attacking, expansive game and find out what Benitez knew all the time. The players simply aren't good enough. I would love to be wrong but as always time will tell.

I don't think there'll be too much difference to start although we wont play a back 5 at home against Brentford. I reckon he'll go with a flat back four.

The players are good enough to beat half the sides in the division but it's all about getting the game mentality right as well as playing to our strengths with the right tactics. When we're under pressure, the instinct will be for the team to revert to Rafa/ Bruce type and go deep but that'll have to be trained out of them

The players were good enough under Benitez in my opinion.

Backed up by the way we instantly went on the front font after going a goal down

I reckon well see a lot more pressing in midfield leading to more attacks without looking like we are wide open at the back

When we don't have the ball a midfield pressing is surely a given and the bare minimum regardless of who the manager/coach is.

We need 7 points minimum from the next 4 games. I'm writing arsenal game off so that's 2 wins and a draw. 3 points here is MASSIVE.