Expectations 2019/2020 | Vital Football

Expectations 2019/2020

Where will we finish the 2019/2020 season?

• Total voters

RedRoss

Vital Squad Member
I thought I would try a comeback after all I’m forever reading the forum.
Again we are being fed the ‘must get promoted this year’ line and I suppose it’s a case of ‘if you don’t have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true’.
I personally think it’s going to be even tougher this season and I also believe to stand a chance we need two “big bucks” strikers to get anywhere near it.

Yes to be honest I was thinking it was too early but I figured we are getting close now to the start and choices can be changed. Also thought it would be interesting how opinions might change leading up to the start depending on incomings and outgoings from not just our club.
And I was bored ???

Cant see why all the doom and gloom.

You wanted MoN out and now he has gone, being replaced by someone who has taken the best part of ten seconds to see were our weaknesses lie.

It is not as if we are starting from a bad position; quality additions like Muric, Silva, Zeffane and the target winger, not to mention one or two good academy prospects, will improve us from top 8 to top 2, no question.

Mao, I think you're a tad overly optimistic lol.
Too early for me, but as it stands , mid table. With shrewd acquisitions and the fact Lamouchi has identified the issues we all know, we may just surprise the league.

Every season has to start with the expectation of promotion, otherwise why bother.

Top 6 for me.

Low expectation. We'd have had more chance with MON. We've been here before with an unproven manager who doesn't know the Championship. Plus the signs are bad re players being brought in.

How long will it be before 'fans' get on his back, like the others, and the owner will get twitchy? It's a nightmare....

Every season has to start with the expectation of promotion, otherwise why bother.

Top 6 for me.

You say that and I know what you mean but for me we need a season of consolidation.
Give a manager/head coach a season to build and have some forward thinking about his squad.
I’d take the same as last season in a heartbeat if it meant we put ourselves in a stronger position going forward.

Difficult to know before the window ends. I don't think the squad is in a terrible place, a little tweaking, a little good coaching and we'll be challenging towards the top 6.

As usual lack of continuity is most likely to see us fall short.

What do you base this on?

If it's true that we are targetting a new right back and Murphy has been told to find a new club then that's two good calls right off the bat (assuming the new RB is a step up from Darikwa).

I'd guess that whilst MoN might have tried to re-sign Byram, we'd have still seen quite a lot of Murphy this season.

If it's true that we are targetting a new right back and Murphy has been told to find a new club then that's two good calls right off the bat (assuming the new RB is a step up from Darikwa).

I'd guess that whilst MoN might have tried to re-sign Byram, we'd have still seen quite a lot of Murphy this season.

I have a bag of cement in my shed that would be a step up on Darikwa

Marginal improvement would see us as a top six side; I think we will see much more than marginal.
I was asking about the 10 seconds comment.

He hasn't signed anyone yet nor have I seen him make any particular comment about the squad.

Sacking off 36 year old Murphy is hardly a leap of inspiration

You must have some information that I'm not privy to because I see nothing but a blank slate at the moment