Exit strategies for our dross | Vital Football

Exit strategies for our dross

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Brewster - Loan him out ASAP somewhere where he might score a few and fool someone into keeping our loss under £15m.

McBurnie - Give him a chance in the team until January, if he does fuck all loan him out too then sell him ASAP before his contract runs down.

Berge - Difficult one. Loan him to Serie A in January and hope to guarantee above £10m for him in the summer, with possibilities of rising nearer £15m and with a sell on clause. Not quite £35m. LOL.

Mousset - Tout him around in January but if no takers let him go on a free in the summer - regardless of how he performs until then.

Norwank - Sell for a modest fee in the summer and hope the buying club can pay most of his wages. Could try a speculative part exchange approach to Reading in January for Swift, or to some other Championship club for another less corpsey midfielder.

Burke - Part exchange with Blackburn for Joe Rothwell in January.

Freeman - Tout him around in January. Should have takers but the fee will be under £1m. Hideous. Nice loss there. I'd say give him a chance but it clearly isn't happening for him here.

McKnee - Let him go in the summer. It's time. Another season will be one too many.

Stevens - Let him go in the summer. Similar to Norwank. Might effectively end up giving him away for free.

No problem with you heavy dislike.....my comment was for TG who insists no one on here ever hates anything. :yes:
Heavy dislike = hate now in your eyes????? You've just proved my point in that all posters can, and do, post criticism/heavy dislike but you, and YOU alone, call it hate.
Tell you what Chips, stop trying to twist my words,I said that justified criticism was not hate and we've been through who started the HATE calling on another thread ( you, if you remember) and post your precis of the players as Chronic has done so that we can see your opinion of them.

Now that would be a fluke.

Last edited:
Prediction:

"If a good Blade has nothing nice to say about our players then he should say nothing at all....."

Tell you what Chips, stop trying to twist my words,I said that justified criticism was not hate and we've been through who started the HATE calling on another thread ( you, if you remember) and post your precis of the players as Chronic has done so that we can see your opinion of them.

Now that would be a fluke.

So you must agree then about some heavy dislike displayed on here from time to time. Or perhaps not TT.

Just pulling your leg. You appear to be set on never having a re-think in you opinions and that can sometimes be admired.

Brewster - Loan him out ASAP somewhere where he might score a few and fool someone into keeping our loss under £15m.

McBurnie - Give him a chance in the team until January, if he does fuck all loan him out too then sell him ASAP before his contract runs down.

Berge - Difficult one. Loan him to Serie A in January and hope to guarantee above £10m for him in the summer, with possibilities of rising nearer £15m and with a sell on clause. Not quite £35m. LOL.

Mousset - Tout him around in January but if no takers let him go on a free in the summer - regardless of how he performs until then.

Norwank - Sell for a modest fee in the summer and hope the buying club can pay most of his wages. Could try a speculative part exchange approach to Reading in January for Swift, or to some other Championship club for another less corpsey midfielder.

Freeman - Tout him around in January. Should have takers but the fee will be under £1m. Hideous. Nice loss there. I'd say give him a chance but it clearly isn't happening for him here.

McKnee - Let him go in the summer. It's time. Another season will be one too many.

Stevens - Let him go in the summer. Similar to Norwank. Might effectively end up giving him away for free.
I think that is pretty much spot on and to be honest you could have added more. It was said on another thread that SUFC don't consider quality. I think we now have a manager that would but he is weighed down with this deadwood. Even Newcastle have to clear alot of deadwood with all their new investment.
We should get realistic and stop pretending we have a snow balls chance in hell of getting promoted.
What is critical and more important is cleansing this squad of the stench of failure and past their sell by players.
I am sure once the Prince realises we are not going up in January the purge will start.

Last edited:
So you must agree then about some heavy dislike displayed on here from time to time. Or perhaps not TT.

Just pulling your leg. You appear to be set on never having a re-think in you opinions and that can sometimes be admired.
Ah, the banter excuse comes in now.

I never said heavy dislike didn't appear on the forum but it was you who brought in the HATE classification.

It's not about re thinking my opinions because, in this instance, I have no need to.
It's not me who's trying to twist and squirm away from 'hate', it's you who's trying to change the classification to 'heavy dislike' now.
Not got the courage of your previous conviction I take it becasue why else would you change it?

Hopefully JS isn't sat in his office or the training field bemoaning the players the owner and board have sanctioned but is looking for solutions and how best to get a tune out of the players he knew he was inheriting. I'd like to think after 13 games he hasn't written the season off but who knows.

For what it's worth I'll add my view of hate/dislike or whatever of our players.

It's not hate. It's not even 'heavy dislike'. If you have any sort of perspective how can you deem footballers worthy of that? Unless they do something quite reprehensible?

The closest I've come to hating one of ours is probably Dean Hammond because what he did really was shameless and in the circumstances extremely distasteful, at least. But as with all of them, the club chose to give out that contract.

Players are often just the beneficiaries of stupidity and won't relinquish a contract they were lucky to get. There's not much to be said there. It's what most people would do.

But when a simple mercenary approach is accompanied by a lack of performance and worst of all effort on the pitch, they're fair game for any insults that come their way.

And that's what we're seeing with quite a few of our current squad. Brewster is the biggest piss taker.

Ah, the banter excuse comes in now.

I never said heavy dislike didn't appear on the forum but it was you who brought in the HATE classification.

It's not about re thinking my opinions because, in this instance, I have no need to.
It's not me who's trying to twist and squirm away from 'hate', it's you who's trying to change the classification to 'heavy dislike' now.
Not got the courage of your previous conviction I take it becasue why else would you change it?

TT, I'm actually trying to have a discussion without rasing your hackles mate.
Seems like a lost cause and even me trying to have a laugh doesn't work, does it?
I say hate and you cannot even accept my change to heavy dislike in my attempt to appease you as I don't like anyone to be upset by words I have used on here.
Hate is my word from the evidence of my eyes. My interpretation of what they mean.......wrong from your view as I'm not entitled to have an opinion like this
and you seem to know for certain that they didn't really mean it and my interpretation is wrong....could be, I'm not perfect but one question...how do you know what others meant?

Agree with most of that although I thought Stevens was one of the better players last night. The problem is no-one is likely to take the dross and we are looking at considerable losses that will seriously impact on the clubs ability to do business in the JTW and Summer.

I said when SJ came in I expected a season of rebuild with a plan to go for promotion next season. The manager must be tearing his hair our. He inherited what he believed were a good squad of players and finds a collection of weak minded individuals sat on their expensive contracts unwilling to adapt to new methods. The archaic training and recruitment methods of the previous regime will prevent much progress being made this season.

The change in style of play in the championship since we were in it 3 seasons ago is stark. Most teams now fill the squad with athletic big units with an up and at em approach. We have none of these type of players and are suffering as a result. SJ will need to adapt some of his philosophy on how football should be played to accommodate the necessary changes to enable us to compete week in week out.

The next Mitrovic would be a good start along with a quiet word in the tunnel last night with Millwalls 2 goal scorers.

Agree with most of that although I thought Stevens was one of the better players last night. The problem is no-one is likely to take the dross and we are looking at considerable losses that will seriously impact on the clubs ability to do business in the JTW and Summer.

I said when SJ came in I expected a season of rebuild with a plan to go for promotion next season. The manager must be tearing his hair our. He inherited what he believed were a good squad of players and finds a collection of weak minded individuals sat on their expensive contracts unwilling to adapt to new methods. The archaic training and recruitment methods of the previous regime will prevent much progress being made this season.

The change in style of play in the championship since we were in it 3 seasons ago is stark. Most teams now fill the squad with athletic big units with an up and at em approach. We have none of these type of players and are suffering as a result. SJ will need to adapt some of his philosophy on how football should be played to accommodate the necessary changes to enable us to compete week in week out.

The next Mitrovic would be a good start along with a quiet word in the tunnel last night with Millwalls 2 goal scorers.

For certain there's a much better, more sensible balance to be struck with physicality. The very starting point with that is restoring Basham to the team.

Agree about Wallace and Cooper but I think we're past the point we can sign them. Wallace is out of contract but we're now too shit to attract him, and we won't be spending the money it would take to buy Cooper anytime soon. Nevertheless they are the right types.

I'd like us to scour the continent for strikers under 25 who have the right physical attributes with a level of technique that indicates they could become something valuable. Domestically Gyokeres and Emil Riis would be ones to look at. But........ money.

TT, I'm actually trying to have a discussion without rasing your hackles mate.
Seems like a lost cause and even me trying to have a laugh doesn't work, does it?
I say hate and you cannot even accept my change to heavy dislike in my attempt to appease you as I don't like anyone to be upset by words I have used on here.
Hate is my word from the evidence of my eyes. My interpretation of what they mean.......wrong from your view as I'm not entitled to have an opinion like this
and you seem to know for certain that they didn't really mean it and my interpretation is wrong....could be, I'm not perfect but one question...how do you know what others meant?
Why try to appease me? See it as what you like as you so often do but don't expect your viewpoint not to be challenged
You see it as hate and I point out that is not the case
Everyone else agrees it's criticism ( from their comments- that's how I know what others meant- they said so).

We all see things differently Chips.
You see criticism as hate, you see goals as flukes.
Your choice, your interpretation. Stick with it but remember you're on a forum and others will differ.

Why try to appease me? See it as what you like as you so often do but don't expect your viewpoint not to be challenged
You see it as hate and I point out that is not the case
Everyone else agrees it's criticism ( from their comments- that's how I know what others meant- they said so).

We all see things differently Chips.
You see criticism as hate, you see goals as flukes.
Your choice, your interpretation. Stick with it but remember you're on a forum and others will differ.

Why try to appease you? To avoid you having a go at me instead of just agreeing to disagree because we only really know what we believe from words read on here.....we cannot know, for certain, the meaning meant from posters. I agree some are upset when we lose and critise the team, manager etc....I do when I see no
effort etc but some dislike players over m ore than one match, one month, one season. And yes some of this is read by me as hatred or a plyaer, manager or owner.

Sorry but you've introduced my beiief that last night's goals from Millwall were flukes.....I believe that and these two players will not score similar goes for the rest of this season at least. I don't think every goal we let in is a fluke at all.

All I want is for you to differ, not to tell me I'm wrong in my interpretation of others words when you cannot know for certain their meaning. From time to time you can agree if you feel like it.

Why try to appease you? To avoid you having a go at me instead of just agreeing to disagree because we only really know what we believe from words read on here.....we cannot know, for certain, the meaning meant from posters. I agree some are upset when we lose and critise the team, manager etc....I do when I see no
effort etc but some dislike players over m ore than one match, one month, one season. And yes some of this is read by me as hatred or a plyaer, manager or owner.
Sad that you don't recognise a team player in this league. But you are all entitled to hate who you want to hate.
Sorry but you've introduced my beiief that last night's goals from Millwall were flukes.....I believe that and these two players will not score similar goes for the rest of this season at least. I don't think every goal we let in is a fluke at all.

All I want is for you to differ, not to tell me I'm wrong in my interpretation of others words when you cannot know for certain their meaning. From time to time you can agree if you feel like it.
Your post from the Brewster thread
#80 "Sad that you don't recognise a team player in this league. But you are all entitled to hate who you want to hate."
SBT's response #81No one has indicated they hate a player. Criticism has been limited to their respective contributions for which they are paid ridiculous amounts of money and in return have given little to nothing.
FKB's response #85
There's no 'hate' here Chips. I want him to be successful, create assists and score goals, but the facts aren't with him. Its not even a dislike. I couldn't care less, who he is, or what he thinks. He was brought here as a goal scorer, and he hasn't done much of that to justify the fee and wages paid.
I find it bizarre in the extreme that you rail against Blades fans most of whom have over 50 years service in for expressing their disatisfaction at the paucity of contribution made by 2 players bought for (us) absolutely vast sums of money and wages.

SBT's further respoinse #89
I reiterate no-one hates anyone. McBurnie deserves criticism for his off field antics but beyond that every opinion expressed has focussed on specifically what they were hired to do and how they have manifestly failed.
FKB's further response #91
This is not about hate and like or dislike, its about facts. We bought a goal-scorer to score goals. He is not scoring goals, often his overall contribution is pretty poor. He is 6/10 man. Not one game or a run of a few games, but every game.
SBT's further response #100
Can't keep repeating the same responses Chips. No one hates anyone.
I'm with FKB here and leaving this circular discussion before we all disappear up our own a holes.

Your response #102
"Fine but I read hatred and you don't."

The above is how I know that other posters don't see it as hate. It's not about differing, it's about making you try to see that accusing posters of hating players is wrong, misguided and, more important to me, inaccurate.They said so directly to you but your post #102 just won't accept it so there really is no point in continuing this.

As for the 'flukes', the 1st poor keeping ( that's mild criticism not hate BTW) and the second we'd have been praising fom the rooftops had we scored it - a pure strike that arrowed into the net.

I've never had the tendency to agree with someone because they want me too. I've never had that tendency especially after the evidence, as quoted above,proves my case.Indeed, after proving my case, I would look foolish to agree with you and I'm not likely to do so, appeasing or not.

If that doesn't suit you then so be it.

Your post from the Brewster thread
#80 "Sad that you don't recognise a team player in this league. But you are all entitled to hate who you want to hate."
SBT's response #81No one has indicated they hate a player. Criticism has been limited to their respective contributions for which they are paid ridiculous amounts of money and in return have given little to nothing.
FKB's response #85
There's no 'hate' here Chips. I want him to be successful, create assists and score goals, but the facts aren't with him. Its not even a dislike. I couldn't care less, who he is, or what he thinks. He was brought here as a goal scorer, and he hasn't done much of that to justify the fee and wages paid.
I find it bizarre in the extreme that you rail against Blades fans most of whom have over 50 years service in for expressing their disatisfaction at the paucity of contribution made by 2 players bought for (us) absolutely vast sums of money and wages.

SBT's further respoinse #89
I reiterate no-one hates anyone. McBurnie deserves criticism for his off field antics but beyond that every opinion expressed has focussed on specifically what they were hired to do and how they have manifestly failed.
FKB's further response #91
This is not about hate and like or dislike, its about facts. We bought a goal-scorer to score goals. He is not scoring goals, often his overall contribution is pretty poor. He is 6/10 man. Not one game or a run of a few games, but every game.
SBT's further response #100
Can't keep repeating the same responses Chips. No one hates anyone.
I'm with FKB here and leaving this circular discussion before we all disappear up our own a holes.

Your response #102
"Fine but I read hatred and you don't."

The above is how I know that other posters don't see it as hate. It's not about differing, it's about making you try to see that accusing posters of hating players is wrong, misguided and, more important to me, inaccurate.They said so directly to you but your post #102 just won't accept it so there really is no point in continuing this.

As for the 'flukes', the 1st poor keeping ( that's mild criticism not hate BTW) and the second we'd have been praising fom the rooftops had we scored it - a pure strike that arrowed into the net.

I've never had the tendency to agree with someone because they want me too. I've never had that tendency especially after the evidence, as quoted above,proves my case.Indeed, after proving my case, I would look foolish to agree with you and I'm not likely to do so, appeasing or not.

If that doesn't suit you then so be it.
You really do hate me TT, admit it mate:wagging: