Exiles and Vaccines | Vital Football

Exiles and Vaccines

Neither. The Australian government roll out of the vaccine here has been farcical to be honest. It all seemed to go wrong the moment that AZ was blamed for some blood clots. The Australian government then decreed that anyone under the age of 50 should get Pfizer and anyone over that should get AZ. Well what a result Australia! As an ageing population we felt 'done out' of the choice of which vaccine we had so people simply stopped! Also, as GPs haven't been giving it out there was supposed to be multiple vaccine hubs where people could just roll up - they've not happened either.
At the last count 5% of the population only have had both jabs..

A Chinese business contact emailed me today to discuss the Delta variant. Even he can see that our incompetent government has not got a grip and urged me to keep safe. The ending of compulsory masks in shops and public transport is a dog whistle political gesture that will set us back hugely. I don't like wearing masks but consider it a small sacrifice to protect my fellow citizens.

Could be a warning Bear they are about to have another Chinese one stronger than the last,,.Hong Kong Fuey

'Beware of the yellow peril' was coined by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany around 1888 after a dream he had (or said he had) about invasion of Europe from the East. You do know what happened to him don't you Prem? Well, needless to say, his tactless public statements greatly antagonized the international community and his foreign policy was seen by many as one of the causes for the outbreak of World War I......