Exeter | Vital Football

Exeter

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Toughest home game to date. The Grecians only lost one game so far and have scored 11 goals and conceded only 5. Pool will have to be at their very best and have a smile from Lady Luck on Saturday. A draw would be a good result but I am wondering if our luck at the Vic will finally run out. Fingers crossed and prayer mat retrieved from cupboard. EDIT. I just heard Liddle wont be playing so that significantly reduces Pools chance of getting anything out of the game. The last time Liddle didnt play at the Vic we got hammered by Maidenhead. Not saying we'll get hammered but if we win I will be flabbergasted.

Last edited:
It will certainly be a stern test for Pools. The unavailability of Liddle, Holohan and possibly Ferguson will add to the difficulty of getting a result. I'm hopeful of a positive result but it will be hard fought!
It will be interesting to see who DC brings in to team to replace the absentees, and how well they perform.

Also, I'm hopeful that DC having had a week to work with his new strikers, Fondop and Cook, that we will see a more potent attacking display.

Last edited:
Oh, blimey, are Liddle and Ferguson in doubt now, as well as Holohan? We're certainly having bad luck with injuries this season

Ferguson doubt, Liddle definitely out. With the exception of Burey, the injuries are linked to a lack of a proper break for the players. Following Bristol they had only two weeks off prior returning to training. I am surprised more haven't gone down. In some regards we are victims of our own success.

Well we got a point which is a decent result all things considered. Sounds like we battered them for the first 30 minutes and were a bit flat second half. I suspect the latter is a consequence of how we play at the Vic: tear into teams with the hope of getting a couple of goals and second half we are a semi spent force. Hoping Holohan and LIdds back soon.

Firstly, Exeter were a good side so the point was a good result.

I thought that the "replacements " all had a good game, and the pairing of Fondop and Mols up front looked promising. Perhaps a change to the lineup earlier in the second half might have changed the outcome - but it might not have been a positive one!

If I do have a complaint it is in respect of the lack of threat from corners and free kicks, but I've been frustrated by this aspect of Pools performances for eons.

Dave C said the same about corners in his post match interview. He also said he was going to bring on Cullen towards the end but Exeter brought on a sub and changed their shape so he had to respond to it by bringing on the defender Ogle. As you say, OP, a good point taken from a good side. Stevenage away next Saturday. They are not doing so well this season so here's hoping for a positive result.