Excellent Pochettino Press Conference | Vital Football

Excellent Pochettino Press Conference

D

Departed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mauricio Pochettino has addressed concerns over his future at Tottenham Hotspur by insisting that he has no ambitions to leave the club.

Speculation in the media grew over Pochettino’s future at Spurs after the 2-1 FA Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester United when he told the media: Tottenham need more time with me or with another, but the most important thing is to keep going and keep developing that philosophy that is fantastic for this club.”

Pochettino has now clarified his comments during the press conference ahead of Monday night’s Premier League clash against Watford at Wembley and fully intends to honour his contract which runs until 2021 and could even sign an extension.

It is very sensible of Poch to put these rumours to bed before the run in of the final four matches as we look to book our place in next season’s Champions League, the last thing the club or players need is uncertainty to lose their focus.

He told the media: “It was not a message I was sending to someone, I was only explaining in the context of the question that the project is so strong [and] we believe in this project,” he said.

“The club cannot behave like different clubs and I think the club needs to keep going with the project, keep pushing in this direction, trying to achieve all the things that the club want.

“But it was not a message for someone. It was what I felt and I told you how I feel.

“I am working, and I work, in every single project at every single club like I am going to be here for life. The only thing I wanted to translate is that the club is in the right way, that we cannot compare, that we need time to win.

“After three or four years now we are able to compete with clubs like United, City, Chelsea or Liverpool but there is still a lot of work to do.

“I think it is an exciting project at Tottenham, different to other clubs, but I still have a three-year contract and then obviously there is a decision. I always say football is the present and then the decision comes from the owner of the club, my boss, Daniel, to trust or not trust in myself.

As I have said before; this is Phase 1 of the project complete ahead of schedule, and Poch has now just about confirmed what I said in terms of key project milestones:

“After three or four years now we are able to compete with clubs like United, City, Chelsea or Liverpool but there is still a lot of work to do."

I would say it would take much longer to compete with the Manchester clubs financially. Their revenues are more than double.

The gooners, Chavs and the scousers though are more than catch-able in the next 3-4 years. I reckon the scouse can be caught up quicker if things go to plan.

Not so sure we'll catch them that easily on their current trajectory. It's a big IF, but a possibility that they win the CL. If they do it might give them a huge boost - they already have a huge international fanbase. When I last went to Asia it was Liverpool, then United then a big drop off and then some City and Chelsea... very little Spurs. This I imagine has changed a bit due to AIA, Son & etc... but imagine them reigniting their semi dormant global fanbase with a CL win and then keeping ahold of Salah.

As shrewd as Levy is compared to some of his rivals, you'd have to be rubbish at exploiting a brand not to capitalise on the potential "new Messi" if they can win the CL - he's in with a shout for Ballon D'or too.

That interview goes a long way to dispel any rumours of Pochettino leaving.

he didn't say unequivocally he's staying to me... but did change his tack from "me or another" to "it's a great project" so hopefully was just a bit over emotional after the defeat vs Utd.

Not so sure we'll catch them that easily on their current trajectory. It's a big IF, but a possibility that they win the CL. If they do it might give them a huge boost - they already have a huge international fanbase. When I last went to Asia it was Liverpool, then United then a big drop off and then some City and Chelsea... very little Spurs. This I imagine has changed a bit due to AIA, Son & etc... but imagine them reigniting their semi dormant global fanbase with a CL win and then keeping ahold of Salah.

As shrewd as Levy is compared to some of his rivals, you'd have to be rubbish at exploiting a brand not to capitalise on the potential "new Messi" if they can win the CL - he's in with a shout for Ballon D'or too.

I'm banking on them getting beat. :eek!:

Fair point about the overseas exposure and revenues. This is an area we have needed to improve in for a long time. Like you say the AIA and Son connections will help but only so far that will get us. Playing in the CL and winning trophies is the next step.

I'm banking on them getting beat. :eek!:

Fair point about the overseas exposure and revenues. This is an area we have needed to improve in for a long time. Like you say the AIA and Son connections will help but only so far that will get us. Playing in the CL and winning trophies is the next step.

It is. It is the only way to really drive commercial/sponsorship revenues. Big money sponsors want to be associated with winners.

I would say it would take much longer to compete with the Manchester clubs financially. Their revenues are more than double.

The gooners, Chavs and the scousers though are more than catch-able in the next 3-4 years. I reckon the scouse can be caught up quicker if things go to plan.
This is the first time the Liverpiss have finished above us in years and they may not,we could easily finish 3rd RD,so I wouldn't be too worried about them,unless you mean financially mate.?