Excellent away day blog by a Blackpool fan | Vital Football

Excellent away day blog by a Blackpool fan

I follow the Dead Pigeon (formerly the Northern Seaman) on Facebook. The burgers and pizzas they post look lovely. I saw the other month that they had bought out the Flippin’ Frog after their owners had been trying to sell it for years. I hope they keep the Flippin’ Frog going as a micropub, I used to love that place.

Never been in the Who’d a Thought it or whatever.

What a great read. This blogger took in Rochester rather than Gillingham before the Gills game. I think we’d all recommend that. Enjoy -

https://janestuart.co.uk/2020/09/27...ted-gillingham-v-blackpool-pubs-of-rochester/
Maybe i dont get it but i thought that review was crap. Just a list of pubs in medway, and explaining what was on their menu.

I did however like the part where she said "When it comes to pizza, I’m a bit picky." followed by "I am partial to a Chicago Town microwave pizza."

WTF?

But I do have to add, for those living in Medway, Rochester is really under rated. It's got some decent pubs and history. The Medway towns gets a bad rep by it's own inhabitants. I know because I used to live there and never really fully appreciated it. Dont get me wrong...much of strood, the hoo peninsular, chatham, Gillingham are total dives...but Rochester itself is actually much nicer than you realise, when compared to lots of other places.

Last edited:
Maybe i dont get it but i thought that review was crap. Just a list of pubs in medway, and explaining what was on their menu.

I did however like the part where she said "When it comes to pizza, I’m a bit picky." followed by "I am partial to a Chicago Town microwave pizza."

WTF?

But I do have to add, for those living in Medway, Rochester is really under rated. It's got some decent pubs and history. The Medway towns gets a bad rep by it's own inhabitants. I know because I used to live there and never really fully appreciated it, but Rochester itself is actually much nicer than you realise, when compared to lots of other places.
Ehhr, it was a virtual away day blog. It was all done from reviews and menus.