Ex Player watch | Page 46 | Vital Football

Ex Player watch

Callum Mac saying he wouldn't have signed another deal with us if it had been offered due to the way he was treated by PC. Hope he manages to have a decent season with Luton or he will look a bit silly after those comments.

I think Cal Mac thinks he's better than he's shown. He seems to think Graeme Jones will get the best out of him something seemingly Cook couldn't.
For a player of 28 I would think he should know by now just what to do to be at his best.
I can see Cal falling down the leagues as the years move on blaming everyone else for his failings.

Last edited:
Former Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia has joined Ecuadorian side LDU Quito on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old left United at the end of the season having spent 10 years at Old Trafford after arriving from Wigan.

Nick Powell played second half in today's Stoke pre-season:
82: 1-1
Powell has gone down. Fingers crossed it’s nothing.
The rest are grabbing a bottle of water, which gives you an indication of the heat and humidity out there.
Not exactly sweltering, but nor is it the bet365 on a wet Wednesday in November.
Powell, meanwhile, traipses somewhat disconsolately down the tunnel, hopefully a mere precaution.
Jarvis is back on the pitch to replace him.

Crystal palace have had a £20m bid for Reece James turned down according to BBC Football Gossip.
Crystal Palace have had a £20m bid for English defender Reece James rejected by Chelsea. The 19-year-old spent last season on loan at Wigan. (Star)

No matter who we get it is going to be very difficult replacing RJ with anyone approaching the same calibre, he really is a special talent that we came across.

I like to have a trawl round some of the other clubs message boards on a Sunday morning (yes, yes, Sad !), these comments caught my eye and made me chuckle on the Stoke v QPR match thread:

Great ball in by Powell...
Powell's set pieces look good.
Collins & Powell look great. Enjoying this so far.
A couple of stand out players so far in Powell and Collins
It's Powell vs QPR at the moment.
Good effort by Powell. If only he didnt hate Stoke, he might have put a bit extra curve on it.
Powell is a shining light in what is a fucking awful midfield.
Seem to run out of ideas and apart from Powell we seem to be playing it far too safe.

and then on 68 minutes ...

Gregory for Powell?
Jones takes Powell off who's been decent
We took Powell off?
You couldnt make this shit up.
gregory for powell? wtf?

Welcome the our world Stoke fans, you better get used to it. You've bought a gem, who will consistently be the best player on the pitch for 70 minutes every game he manages to start.

Not surprised that Walker scored John, I think he was unable to cope with the pace of EFL football and that was the problem. He is now back where he is comfortable playing at a slower pace and I have no doubts will do well.

Cosgrove however is one I think that got away. I think we released him a season too early as I said in a post last season on this thread. He seems to be comfortable up in the highlands and I have no doubt one or two lower league clubs here in England will be keeping tabs on him with a possible move in mind for next season.

Not surprised that Walker scored John, I think he was unable to cope with the pace of EFL football and that was the problem. He is now back where he is comfortable playing at a slower pace and I have no doubts will do well.

Cosgrove however is one I think that got away. I think we released him a season too early as I said in a post last season on this thread. He seems to be comfortable up in the highlands and I have no doubt one or two lower league clubs here in England will be keeping tabs on him with a possible move in mind for next season.

I think he would only consider Championship and above after all Aberdeen do have more chance of European football than most teams in England apart from the obvious suspects

Wilson Palacios jas joined Real Sociedad. Not the Spanish club, but a team just relegated from the Honduras 1st division. Free transfer, his second spell at Olimipia wasn't successful at all, just 3 appearances.