Ex Player watch | Page 38 | Vital Football

Ex Player watch

I couldnt understand at the time why a l2 or conference team didnt snap up both Robles and Cosgrove when we released them. Both had pedigree and they struck up a prolific big man - little man partnership.

Interesting if Cosgrove's big time move helped shine the spotlight on Robles or not.

I understand why the club released them - the championship would have been a big keap - but sooner or later we do need to start taking a chance on our youth. Having our development squad play in a better league wpuld be an excellent start. Interesting to see if we keep loaning players to Fylde and Chorley thia coming season. Looks a decent tactic, providing they don't all get released.

I'm stunned that Josh Murphy is a 10m player he was garbage for us. He must've come on a hell of a lot since we had him. Same with Ojo he's been touted as being valued by Liverpool in that type of region but when he was here he was hopless. It's a funny game.

I'm stunned that Josh Murphy is a 10m player he was garbage for us. He must've come on a hell of a lot since we had him. Same with Ojo he's been touted as being valued by Liverpool in that type of region but when he was here he was hopless. It's a funny game.

Makes you wonder if it was the player who was garbage or the manager who didn't know how to get the best out of him at the time.

Makes you wonder if it was the player who was Thingarbage or the manager who didn't know how to get the best out of him at the time.

As hopeless as our managers at the time were Murphy was a winger and was played on the wing and couldn't beat a man or stay on his feet. So not sure the managers did much wrong with him tbh - at that time he just wasn't up to much.