Ex-Millers keeper in FA Cup final | Vital Football

Ex-Millers keeper in FA Cup final

mikemiller

Vital Football Hero
Emiliano Martinez is in goal for Arsenal in the FA Cup final today. He did a great job for us and was a key player in saving us from relegation from the Championship in 2015. Good luck to him .

Martinez gave a good performance and picked up an FA Cup winners medal at the end of the match as Arsenal deservedly beat Chelsea 2-1. Good start by Chelsea, as they took an early lead, but they soon fizzled out and then later suffered two serious injuries and a sending-off, then had sub Pedro carried off near the end, as Arsenal gradually piled the pressure on. Decent game too. Congratulations Emil!

Last edited:
Couple of harsh yellow cards I thought and not a sending off do we think?

But, yes, Well Done Emi - hope he manages to keep the number one spot.

Sending-off yellow card was a bit harsh - not much contact and possibly not deliberate, although definitely a foul. Still think Arsenal would have won against eleven though , as they were starting to dominate the game at that stage.

Last edited:
I thought the yellow for the sending off was harsh but otherwise well ‘reffed’. I must say ’in real time‘ I thought Matinez had caught the ball outside the area, but playback showed his feet outside but his hands just inside! Two great Arsenal goals - overall, well the better team in my opinion. A good game to watch.

29/08/20... Another Wembley winners medal for Martinez, This time the Community Shield , as Arsenal beat Liverpool 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.( Young Brewster's penalty hit the bar for Liverpool in the shoot-out)

I had most of the match on TV and they mentioned and spoke about Emmi a lot but I don't think I heard them mention Rotherham?

TalkSport Radio reporting that Arsenal have agreed £20 million fee with Aston Villa for the transfer of Martinez. Steve Evans' loans were always hit and miss, but Martinez was a definite hit (Ding!) ... and was crucial in keeping us up that sesaon.