Ex-Miller in Europa action again | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ex-Miller in Europa action again

Rangers manager Gerrard said "Tavernier will miss the next few games", so it might not be too serious (either that or they don't have a clear diagnonsis yet)

Last edited:
24/02/21
Steven Gerrard has announced that injury to James Tavernier is not as bad as first thought, but he may be out for two or three weeks, so will miss Rangers Europa game tomorrow night

Good news if that's the truth - though I have heard our manager say that about our players on many an occasion and then they've been out weeks and weeks!

25/02/21
Rangers playing second leg of their tie v Royal Antwerp tonight, but Taverier is still out injured.

Update 1 - Rangers won 5-2 (9-5 on aggregate) and are through to the last 16 of the competition.

Update 2 - Rangers have been drawn against Slavia Prague in the next round, 1st leg on 11/03/21. Tavernier could be fit by then.

Last edited:
10/03/21

Sky Sports news - Rangers playing away at Slavia Prague tomorrow, but Tavernier probably ruled out due to his knee injury.

11/03/21
Europa "Round of 16" , First Leg
As predicted, Tavernier not named in match squad tonight. 1755 k.o.

Update - Match finished 1-1.
Will Tavernier be fit in time for the second leg?

Last edited:
18/03/21

Rangers playing 2nd Leg "Round of 16" game tonight, 8pm, but Tavernier still unlikely to be fit enough to play.

Update 1 - Tavernier not named in the Rangers squad for tonight, due to injury.

Update 2 - Rangers crashed out of the "Europa" with two players sent off as they were defeated at home 0-2, and so lost 1-3 on aggregate. Would it have been a different story for Rangers if Tavernier had been fit? Probably, but we will never know for certain.

I must admit that when I started this thread back in September, I wasn't expectiing it to feature three ex-Millers players and for it to still be going in mid-March !

Last edited:
06/04/21
Tavernier has just signed a new three-year contract with Rangers, so should be playing in the Champions League next season - he ought to have recovered from injury by then!