Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 228 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Aaron Lewis stays on the bench all game again for Newport. Played just 96 minutes for them since joining them permanently a month ago. And this for a team struggling for results – one win in 13 before tonight's defeat of Walsall, for whom Max Melbourne started again (I wonder if the two old Imps had a chat and if so, what they said to each other?).

We really dodged a bullet when Michael Flynn was rumoured to be in the mix for the manager's job. Just like last season, Newport start the season well before becoming absolutely awful.

We really dodged a bullet when Michael Flynn was rumoured to be in the mix for the manager's job. Just like last season, Newport start the season well before becoming absolutely awful.

I believe the common thread in both seasons has been their relying on loan signings for part of the season. Certainly this season they lost about 5 or 6 after Christmas all whom were 6 month loans who were not extended. I believe similar happened last year.
I think Flynn has something about him to be honest. He worked a miracle to keep Newport up having inherited a pigs ear of a mess from Westley. However I am not sure he would be a great fit at Sincil Bank.

That was press rumour and internet speculation: the primary target signed his contract extension today.

Interesting piece in Mail on how Huddersfield had the Cowley‘s sacked after saving them from relegation. They averaged 1.38 points per game. The Huddersfield blasted that they were going in a new direction. Hence new manager av 1.12 points per game. They are lucky that SW have points deduction and Wycombe are at the bottom.

Jordan Abedayo-Smith has been released by Sutton United after one substitute appearance and is seemingly heading back to the USA. I assume that will be within the college system they have over there

Jordan Abedayo-Smith has been released by Sutton United after one substitute appearance and is seemingly heading back to the USA. I assume that will be within the college system they have over there

It looks like he's joined the Tampa Bay Rowdies. I'm not sure.if that's a step up or down, football quality wise, from the conference.