Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 93 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Shrewsbury fans not happy with Waterfall after their comeback against Stoke in the cup last night.

Sadler must love playing next to Waterfall, it means his numerous errors don’t get noticed. Everyone focusing on Waterfall’s ‘assist’ for their second goal but ignoring Sadler’s for their first.

Waterfall is at best a league 2 player

Slightly more positive...
Waterfall , for all the mistakes - never goes hiding and at least looks like he’s giving it 100% , which is acceptable to a degree

Not massively surprised r.e. Waterfall.

Probably need to be better with the ball at L1 level as a defender, which isn't really something I thought he was although improved in that regard in his time here.

Owain Warlow is currently playing for Pen-y-Bont (based in Bridgend) in the Welsh League Division One. That's one step below the Welsh Premier League.

Owain Warlow is currently playing for Pen-y-Bont (based in Bridgend) in the Welsh League Division One. That's one step below the Welsh Premier League.
Pen-y-Bont is Welsh for Bridgend, isn't it? I have a feeling they used to be Bridgend Town. I think Warlow comes from that neck of the woods.

Been looking at holiday cottages in the Valleys/Beacons area, one of which was near Bridgend.

Pen-y-Bont is Welsh for Bridgend, isn't it? I have a feeling they used to be Bridgend Town. I think Warlow comes from that neck of the woods.

Yes, Pen-y-Bont were formed from the merger of Bridgend Town and Bryntirion Athletic a few years ago.

Warlow is from Pontypridd. He played in some pre-season friendlies for Merthyr Town about six years ago, but although named amongst the substitutes a couple of times he never got onto the pitch in a competitive match so just missed joining the likes of Bob Latchford, Steve Mardenborough and a couple of 1920s players in achieving the distinction of turning out for both Lincoln and Merthyr.