Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Spencer Weir-Daley, having joined Barwell of the Southern League Premier Division Central at the start of the season has now dropped down a division to join Peterborough Sports of Division One Central. This is despite having scored his first international goal in his fourth appearance for Montserrat as they beat Belize 1-0 earlier this month:

https://actueeltv.nl/v/1173050

Belize what a wonderful 6 months I spent there with 633 Sig Tp.

Palmer sometimes looked slightly clumsy, but had a great first touch, worked his nads off and clearly has an eye for a goal. Crawley lost heavily today, but pleased he is doing well.

Obviously he is not as good as Akinde, Rhead, Green or McCartan but miraculously, for a much inferior team, he has scored nine goals so far this season. Not a bad effort.

Palmer sometimes looked slightly clumsy, but had a great first touch, worked his nads off and clearly has an eye for a goal. Crawley lost heavily today, but pleased he is doing well.

Obviously he is not as good as Akinde, Rhead, Green or McCartan but miraculously, for a much inferior team, he has scored nine goals so far this season. Not a bad effort.
Valid observation certainly but does need balancing by remembering that Palmer was unhappy at not being first choice every week and quite possibly that was a factor in him wanting to move. Beyond that the debate can then be held about whether he should have been first choice at Lincoln or whether that didn't fit with the team ethic or style of play. Seems to be going well for both parties currently - we're top of the league and he's starting at Crawley and banging in the goals.

Sean Long played his first competitive game for Cheltenham Town last night in their 6-2 win over Arsenal under 21's in the Checkatrade. This was his first game since he came on as a substitute for Lincoln in the play-off semi against Exeter at Sincil Bank last May. Sean had been out with an ankle injury he picked up in pre-season against Cirencester Town.

Yes, Luke's two goals sees the Shrews win at Wimbledon. He also had another headed effort brilliantly saved. Appears to have turned a corner and is doing well.

Saw Shane Clarke playing for Trinity at Stafford on Saturday - did ok and interestingly the match report in the NLP, written by a Stafford fan, named him MOM. Alex Simmons was also named as no11 on the teamsheet, but I'm convinced it wasn't him?????

Also picked up that Bohan Dixon scored for Warrington at Grantham, and Leon Mettam for Spalding

I see Ricardo Calder who I think was on loan during our Conference winning season has been sacked by Inverness Caledonian Thistle after been found guilty of assaulting a woman in Birmingham.

Last edited:
Hope he goes away for that. Horrible behaviour.

Speaking of the rogues' gallery, perhaps we have constructed a new one at the training ground - we certainly have plenty of the buggers to put in there.