Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 80 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Wouldn't be surprised if that was Nathan Arnold done in football now.

He's someone who needs an arm around his shoulder, not one, like Boston's manager, who seems to call his players out every week.
You have to imagine Arnold is one of those that the manager was referring to in his recent interviews. For whatever reason, it clearly hasn't worked out for either. To be fair I imagine he is one of the higher paid, and Elliott expected more for his dollar.

I was very impressed by Joe Ward on Tuesday. He came on as a half-time sub and we didn't heed the warning of his first rasping shot which brought a good save from our keeper. He scored five minutes later.

I was very impressed by Joe Ward on Tuesday. He came on as a half-time sub and we didn't heed the warning of his first rasping shot which brought a good save from our keeper. He scored five minutes later.
I always thought he was the one that got away. I really wanted him to sign for Imps after we won NL and was very surprised when he went to non league initially. Didn't take him long to get back and he has gone from strength to strength at Peterboro'.

I always thought he was the one that got away. I really wanted him to sign for Imps after we won NL and was very surprised when he went to non league initially. Didn't take him long to get back and he has gone from strength to strength at Peterboro'.

We didn't really get much of a look at him though, as he only ever started a game in the FA Trophy. Made four fleeting appearances as a substitute in the NL and FA Cup, and then broke a metatarsal and had to go back to Brighton.

You have to imagine Arnold is one of those that the manager was referring to in his recent interviews. For whatever reason, it clearly hasn't worked out for either. To be fair I imagine he is one of the higher paid, and Elliott expected more for his dollar.

Elliott admitted Arnold was one of the players his ire was directed at in the aftermath of their FA Cup debacle at Peterborough Sports. He also admitted on Radio Lincs tonight that Jonny Margetts was not up to the job and he wants him gone. That lad should be tearing that division up, As should Adam Marriott. He's only scored once in 9 games, Margetts none in around 6.

Elliott admitted Arnold was one of the players his ire was directed at in the aftermath of their FA Cup debacle at Peterborough Sports. He also admitted on Radio Lincs tonight that Jonny Margetts was not up to the job and he wants him gone. That lad should be tearing that division up, As should Adam Marriott. He's only scored once in 9 games, Margetts none in around 6.
The Cowleys seemed to get good output from our ex three players. Elliott seems to do a lot of finger pointing via the media even if he doesn't always name the players directly. A bit Mourinhoesque dare I say?

Alan Power MOM as Killie win again, he is having another good season. Best player on the park today by a mile, apparently.

It all depends on the players around them too of course - if their service is poor then they're going to struggle to score. Did they blow a disproportionate amount of the budget on bringing Arnold, Marriott and Margetts in?

We didn't really get much of a look at him though, as he only ever started a game in the FA Trophy. Made four fleeting appearances as a substitute in the NL and FA Cup, and then broke a metatarsal and had to go back to Brighton.
I saw him in the FAT at Boreham Wood, playing for the Lizards. Best player on the pitch by a mile.

Not sure Margett's should be tearing it up.

He should certainly be getting goals, but his all round play was pretty poor. He was never likely to create something himself. So if the team weren't creating, as Boston might not be by the looks of their GF column this season, then he'd struggle.