Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 79 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

I seem to recall an interview with DC saying he targeted Nolan as a weakness when Braintree played Grimsby in the playoffs. I can't remember exactly what he said but i remember it matched my opinion of him at the time. One really can't argue wirh what he's achieved since then though.

He said the exact opposite. He rates Nolan.

Ginelly was mentioned in the highlights and seems he's playing regularly. I don't assume he's suddenly improved as a player so I'm thinking this is an example of the high standards of the Cowleys. A player with some talent, but not consistent enough or applies himself enough to the team for the Cowleys but a regular starter in L1

Ginnelly showed flashes of ability but seldom delivered for 90 minutes. His best performance came in the championship-winning game against Macclesfield, which showed what he is capable of. Also did not do it regularly enough.

We have better now - Andrade is streets ahead in all areas.

Didn't he give away three penalties in his opening few games? Doesn't seem to have settled too well.

He might do yet, but I did question whether he'd suit an Askey side, which could see him become isolated at times in a pretty wide formation, unlike here where we're nice and compact.

Ginnelly showed flashes of ability but seldom delivered for 90 minutes. His best performance came in the championship-winning game against Macclesfield, which showed what he is capable of. Also did not do it regularly enough.

We have better now - Andrade is streets ahead in all areas.
I knw we have better, my point, perhaps not very well made, is that I could read this that our standards are higher than L1 club

I rated Ginnelly highly. He was still really green when he was here, but seemed to have a good attitude. With a bit of luck in his career i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Championship in a few years. I wouldn't puck him over Andrade though!

Danny likes wingers - he has worked his way through a good number of them in the last two years or so, many of whom did not stick. I suppose it was inevitable he would find a few decent ones among them. Off the top of my head:

Elliott Hodge
James Caton
Terry Hawkridge
Nathan Arnold
Harry Anderson
Jack Muldoon
Josh Ginnelly
Joe Ward
Jordan Maguire-Who?
Cameron Stewart
Jordan Williams
Danny Rowe
Bruno Andrade

Kellan Gordon?
Bernard Mensah?

Danny likes wingers - he has worked his way through a good number of them in the last two years or so, many of whom did not stick. I suppose it was inevitable he would find a few decent ones among them. Off the top of my head:

Elliott Hodge
James Caton
Terry Hawkridge
Nathan Arnold
Harry Anderson
Jack Muldoon
Josh Ginnelly
Joe Ward
Jordan Maguire-Who?
Cameron Stewart
Jordan Williams
Danny Rowe
Bruno Andrade

Kellan Gordon?
Bernard Mensah?

Did Keith have more strikers, or Danny more wingers?

Mustapha Carayol playing for Apollon Limassol against Marseille in the Europa League tonight.

Had no idea he was there. He's come a long way.

Mustapha Carayol playing for Apollon Limassol against Marseille in the Europa League tonight.

Had no idea he was there. He's come a long way.

Apollon may be in the Europa League, but they are a very small club. Average home league gate this season is 1,814.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was Nathan Arnold done in football now.

He's someone who needs an arm around his shoulder, not one, like Boston's manager, who seems to call his players out every week.