Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 252 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Don't know how many matches he actually started for them. But he seemed to be a late sub in most of the matches I checked in on.
I remember the second goal against MKDons away he took he so brilliantly.
He definitely showed Imps fans he had the ability to push on higher up the leagues.
Perhaps his attitude is not right or more likely for me that he has been badly managed since he left Lincoln. It will be difficult for him to turn it around now.
Just looked his Twatter page, that goal is the last post on there. Live and die by your decisions, I guess the move is one that he regrets big time.

Didn't even manage 40 games in 18 months by the looks of it.

Another Imps who's gone across there and made a swift exit.

Don't know how many matches he actually started for them. But he seemed to be a late sub in most of the matches I checked in on.

19 League appearances, just 8 starts, no goals in 2020/21.
Six starts for Salford the previous year after leaving us.

19 League appearances, just 8 starts, no goals in 2020/21.
Six starts for Salford the previous year after leaving us.
With those stats and at 27 years old now(I know not that old but can no longer be classed as an up and coming talent)
He will struggle to find a club willing to pay him anything like he was getting at Salford certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the national league.
Short term greed could well have put paid to a very promising career.
Such a waste, maybe not all Bruno's fault Mr agent or his advisors may well have some blame laid at their feet.
Real shame.

if the writing was on the wall at Lincoln - was he/would he be an Appleton player. I suspect not.

You cant blame him for going for money - I cant imagine he made much out of football when he came to the imps.

If he got paid a lot for 2.5 years at Salford good for him!

As I have said before we are fans they are just earning a living

if the writing was on the wall at Lincoln - was he/would he be an Appleton player. I suspect not.

You cant blame him for going for money - I cant imagine he made much out of football when he came to the imps.

If he got paid a lot for 2.5 years at Salford good for him!

As I have said before we are fans they are just earning a living
Didnt the club also receive a fee ? If so was a good move at the time for club and player

Saw the highlights of the Wales game. So pleased for Joe Morrell (including his headed goal-line clearance) that he’s getting plenty of game time. Seems he’s a pretty important cog in the Wales team 👍👏. Have to say how impressed I was with Gareth Bale - superb game.

Saw the highlights of the Wales game. So pleased for Joe Morrell (including his headed goal-line clearance) that he’s getting plenty of game time. Seems he’s a pretty important cog in the Wales team 👍👏. Have to say how impressed I was with Gareth Bale - superb game.
He did well...

Grant Smith has left Chesterfield after having his contract cancelled 'by mutual consent'. I presume he has something lined up - I seem to think he'd done well there.