Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 251 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

2 years younger than Akinfenwa, and he still seems to be doing a job. I haven't seen Rhead play lately but he's not the kind of player you'd necessarily be concerned about his 'legs going'.
…or getting off the ground like a leaping gazelle 🤔 (love you Rheady you legend)

There are plenty of clubs in that area at Northern Premier League level - I'm sure Rhead could do a reasonable job for the likes of Nantwich, Buxton, Stafford, Leek, Kidsgrove, Newcastle Town, Market Drayton, the Northwich clubs etc.

I wonder if Rheady might be tempted to try and get fixed up with a club more local to himself - Stafford, Newcastle Town, Market Drayton? Perhaps @stokeimp could advise any possibilities.

Don't know what his ambitions are at this stage of his career, or how he is looking to transition out of football, but having been on the books of Step 1 club most recently (non league pyramid), can't imagine him wanting to drop to Step 4 (same level as Lincoln United) at clubs like Kidsgrove (where he played early in his career), Newcastle, Drayton etc. Would also be surprised to see him in NPL Prem (Step 3) - tho have to say he would be a very popular signing at Stafford. There are a number of clubs within reasonable travel at Step 2 ie National League North incl eg Chester, Kiddi, Telford, Alfreton, Southport, which I would have thought would be more likely. But does he want to put other work first now, and football become his second income?

There are plenty of clubs in that area at Northern Premier League level - I'm sure Rhead could do a reasonable job for the likes of Nantwich, Buxton, Stafford, Leek, Kidsgrove, Newcastle Town, Market Drayton, the Northwich clubs etc.

Market Drayton or Telford would be good, I could pop out and watch him one more time.

Can still picture Andrade racing down the right wing arcing in a perfect cross for T.Walker to knock home v Sunderland 2019. And one of the best goals I've ever seen for the Imps vs Everton. How do you go from that to being released by Salford so quickly ?

Don't know how many matches he actually started for them. But he seemed to be a late sub in most of the matches I checked in on.
I remember the second goal against MKDons away he took he so brilliantly.
He definitely showed Imps fans he had the ability to push on higher up the leagues.
Perhaps his attitude is not right or more likely for me that he has been badly managed since he left Lincoln. It will be difficult for him to turn it around now.

We build them up and Salford take them down. Latest club member being Bruno of course. It's ridiculous really, the guy clearly had decent technique, two good feet, a bit of skill and was quick enough.

He'll get another club but if he's not playing league football he needs to have a word with himself.

I think the Cowleys and Lincoln were right place right time for him. I wonder if he will rock up at the south coast?

Salford make Rushton and Diamonds likeable and well run!