Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Jake Jones was at Kings Lynn.

Just checked and he's at Halesowen Town this season in the Northern Prem.

Luke Imp - 20/3/2015 08:36

Jake Jones was at Kings Lynn.

Just checked and he's at Halesowen Town this season in the Northern Prem.

He's just left by mutual consent.
http://www.ht-fc.com/halesowen-town-first-team/latest-news/3882-jake-jones-leaves-by-mutual-consent.html

Don't know why we ever let Danny Lloyd go. Scored 10 this year from the wing in the league below. Miles better than Marshall.

I liked Danny Rowe myself, thought we should have kept hold and given him a better chance. Seemed to be able to run at players and beat them and had a decent shot I thought.

"A 1st half hat trick from an in form Andy Hutchinson set The Whites on the way to a comfortable 4-1 victoy at home this afternoon."

Luke Imp - 22/3/2015 16:17

Newton's been getting a bit of a slating over the last couple of weeks.
Anyone get the feeling he just stood out for us because of the average players around him? I've not read anything about him at county but I'm guessing he is being found out defensively. Might yet see him back with us next season!

plumbob - 23/3/2015 09:00

Luke Imp - 22/3/2015 16:17

Newton's been getting a bit of a slating over the last couple of weeks.
Anyone get the feeling he just stood out for us because of the average players around him? I've not read anything about him at county but I'm guessing he is being found out defensively. Might yet see him back with us next season!

I think at times we played in a way that really allowed him to stand out, often a lot of space to gallop into. We do miss him in an attacking sense.

If he has someone in front of him I don't think he looks so good.

Rob the Imp - 21/3/2015 15:11

I liked Danny Rowe myself, thought we should have kept hold and given him a better chance. Seemed to be able to run at players and beat them and had a decent shot I thought.
I liked Rowe. He was technically decent but lacked that burst of pace/movement to make too much of a difference at this level IMO.

Thought Rowe was worth keeping, especially as he was replaced by Marshall. I think he has scored 15 this season even at a lower level, but I think he was another of these who lived the other side of the country, never ideal for day to day training etc.

Jake Jones has rejoined King's Lynn.
http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/latest-transfer-news/jones-makes-quick-return-to-the-linnets.html

I didn't realise Carayol had signed, presumably on loan, for Brighton until I saw him playing Friday night against Bournemouth.