Ex -Gills in the move | Vital Football

Ex -Gills in the move

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Can’t find the old thread we used to have about these things.

I see Josh Rees has signed for Aldershot Town.

Craig Fagan is being talked about as the potential next manager of relegation bound Southend United.

Tom Hadler signed for 'Fleet as well.
I always rated Tom another good signing. I think the emergence of Joe Walsh though possibly has made it the correct call at the time for Gills. Hadler is still young enough to progress in the game.

This is the same Ebbsfleet who have been failing to pay players wages on time.

Seems that the didn’t learn any lessons from that episode.

Also - it is apparent how small Steve Lovell’s network is.
He is trying to build a side to get back in the National league. At that level you definitely want local players.For National South the signings have a real chance of doing well.

He is trying to build a side to get back in the National league. At that level you definitely want local players.For National South the signings have a real chance of doing well.

The quality of some of the signings is very good for that level. Martin is a coup. But Lovell’s network is pretty limited.

I’ve always maintained that the biggest job for any manager is player recruitment especially in the summer. In recent times, our player recruitment has been terrible. I think Scally realised that some of the recent managerial appointments - where he insisted that PT came in as director of football. Evans has a breadth of footballing connections to do a better job with player recruitment.

The quality of some of the signings is very good for that level. Martin is a coup. But Lovell’s network is pretty limited.

I’ve always maintained that the biggest job for any manager is player recruitment especially in the summer. In recent times, our player recruitment has been terrible. I think Scally realised that some of the recent managerial appointments - where he insisted that PT came in as director of football. Evans has a breadth of footballing connections to do a better job with player recruitment.
Has to be said thus far it has only been his loan signings that have been a success. Overall his permanent signings were no better in fact were probably worse.In the end it comes down to budget.Evans almost certainly spent more than we normally do on his loans and it worked this time around. Be interesting to see who his main targets will be this time around and where the limited funds will be spent.

Alm
I'd consider Bonham, O'Keefe and Mandron to have been successful permanent signings
Almost wrote exactly that, the only disappointments in my view are Hodson and Cisse with the later still notching a goal in only a few appearances, both didn’t really get much chance to prove their worth. The signing of Willock was a coup for the club, sadly he’s been unfortunate with injuries.

I'd consider Bonham, O'Keefe and Mandron to have been successful permanent signings
But I remember other managers have had successful players as well.There are many who would be happy to see all but O'Keefe go if we had that opportunity. Bonham and Mandron have been OK.None of the permanent signings would be in the top five for player of the year.

The progress of Ogilvie and Tucker .Our loan players and the other players left behind by Lovell were the main reasons for our success. The first two reasons does give Evans credit for the job he did.