Everton | Vital Football

Everton

I saw some clips again and our lads were dripping after 20 minutes. Why do we look so unfit compared to other teams I've seen so far?

Also Everton will only have 2 days to recover plus a trip to norwich but I bet it will look like we are the ones with the trip and 2 recovery days. Hopefully the derby game will fuck em up

Theyre a much better team player for player than saints so i cant see us getting a win, hope im wrong, nothing else but 4 home wins plus 1/2 away wins will do but the 3/4 of the aways will be extremely tough, arsenal, man city, cfc, watford away

We are lowest scorers in this league and are equal with Villa with goals conceded . I can see a draw at the best , which is no good at this point in the season

I think I'd start with idah up top on Wednesday. He has pace and strength. Offers something different. Get emi playing off him. Also, start with Hernandez for his pace. The central midfield is tricky. I'd have Tettey but who to partner with him vrancic, leitner?

I think I'd start with idah up top on Wednesday. He has pace and strength. Offers something different. Get emi playing off him. Also, start with Hernandez for his pace. The central midfield is tricky. I'd have Tettey but who to partner with him vrancic, leitner?
Id bring tettey in to help out the defence, need a solid CDM in there. Id defo play onel too as he gives us something different with his pace as you said. Not sure about Idah though yet at this lvl. Defo not drmic!

Agreed Tuckster but we were at home and with something to play for so I am not sure if I can justify extraordinary times for vast difference between Southampton's and our performances.

I think that any advantage being at home gives a side has gone, apart from obviously not having to travel. I think Farke was right to try something different, Shame it failed so badly.
Tettey must come back into the team with either Leitner or Vrancic alongside him.

I think that any advantage being at home gives a side has gone, apart from obviously not having to travel. I think Farke was right to try something different, Shame it failed so badly.
Tettey must come back into the team with either Leitner or Vrancic alongside him.

I would consider not travelling in these times a big advantage.

I wonder if we just go for a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3. The defence needs a Tettey in there to protect them and to stay back when the whole bloody midfield is attacking and not bothering to run back.

You could then have Vrancic/Leitner/Stiepermann/Rupp next to him. Then Hernandez and Emi (I am not a fan of him being on the right but as the only winger singed this season was released from his loan we have no other option unless Martin starts) on the wing.

You could also have Emi in a roaming role when attacking.

I guess it depends on injuries too - I won't be surprised to here that players have knocks and will not make the game.

There are no injuries and Marco Stiepermann is available for tomorrow after his coronavirus situation.

So how would you go?

Krul

Aarons
Godfrey
Klose
Lewis

Vrancic
Tettey
Leitner

Hernandez
Pukki
Emi

DF says:

'The worse the conditions are, I feel the better chance we have. We're very physically prepared, so I have no complaints about the weather tomorrow.'

So the worse conditions are better for us but tomorrow it is going to be lovely and hot....I loved playing in the heat. Also, I think we are unfit from what I saw