Everton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Everton

I wouldn't be against Stiepermann playing as he offers height but sometimes he is a passenger.

On Hanley:

Grant Hanley's surgery went well, but now he has four weeks on crutches. He's in good shape, we hope he can come to the training ground just to be with us and around the group.

On Youth players:

If we were in 9th place then we could give more game time to the youngsters, but right now we are fully under pressure, it's not like a gift to play young players, it's natural for us and how we play.

But on that DF our squad isn't that big so youngsters have to be included.

He then says:

I'm not scared to play the young players, I choose them based on if they're the best in their position and they can help us.

But then he plays players out of position.

We need to put pressure on the opposition more. Watching other clubs and they do it alot. When I watch us we just stand off and give them so much space.

You watch norwich will go and win and get our hopes up again only for them to be dashed in the next match.

Win tomorrow and we are back to 3 points from safety but our gd is so bad it's like 4 points.

I think df will go

Krul

Aarons
Klose
Godfrey
Lewis

Tettey
Vrancic

Cantwell
Duda
Emi

Pukki

I think df will go

Krul

Aarons
Klose
Godfrey
Lewis

Tettey
Vrancic

Cantwell
Duda
Emi

Pukki
Controversial but I would leave out Teemu for this one and play AI, unfortunately I think DF will start with the tall fella (Steeper man).if it doesn't work, he could try a Pukki / Idah partnership.

Last edited:
Controversial but I would leave out Teemu for this one and play AI, unfortunately I think DF will start with the tall fella (Steeper man).if it doesn't work, he could try a Pukki / Idah partnership.
I was thinking Idah too but can he play as a lone striker?

DF seems to like Idah as a winger at the moment which is strange.

Pukki still looked lacking in confidence last week. What has happened to him? He was dangerous then the toe injury and since then he looks a different player.

I was thinking Idah too but can he play as a lone striker?

DF seems to like Idah as a winger at the moment which is strange.

Pukki still looked lacking in confidence last week. What has happened to him? He was dangerous then the toe injury and since then he looks a different player.
What is it with strikers and toes. The same happened to Rip Van Winkle

Agreed with Farke's going back at the journalists in his press conference personally. The Pink Un's coverage has taken a drastic downturn since Bailey left, and this year has been woeful. I appreciate Southwell is young and this is his first gig, but his pieces seem to think he has all the answers and full of fluff and nonsense about tactics, of which as far as I can see he is no better qualified to comment than me or you. His job is to report on the games, if he wishes to spout off his opinions as gospel he can join a messageboard and do it like we do :p

I also thought the line about Southampton not having individual quality in their team was very poor and incorrect. His editor should have picked that up.

Anyways...my lineup for tonight would be as follows;

Krul

Aarons
Godfrey
Klose
Lewis

Tettey
Vrancic

Hernandez
Buendia
Cantwell

Pukki

I actually agreed with Farke's team on Friday, as wanted to see us try 4-4-2 and something different...but it didn't work, so best to revert to a formation that got us here, and hopefully the players will play better.

Agreed with Farke's going back at the journalists in his press conference personally. The Pink Un's coverage has taken a drastic downturn since Bailey left, and this year has been woeful. I appreciate Southwell is young and this is his first gig, but his pieces seem to think he has all the answers and full of fluff and nonsense about tactics, of which as far as I can see he is no better qualified to comment than me or you. His job is to report on the games, if he wishes to spout off his opinions as gospel he can join a messageboard and do it like we do :p

I also thought the line about Southampton not having individual quality in their team was very poor and incorrect. His editor should have picked that up.

Anyways...my lineup for tonight would be as follows;

Krul

Aarons
Godfrey
Klose
Lewis

Tettey
Vrancic

Hernandez
Buendia
Cantwell

Pukki

I actually agreed with Farke's team on Friday, as wanted to see us try 4-4-2 and something different...but it didn't work, so best to revert to a formation that got us here, and hopefully the players will play better.
Where did Southwell come from? Was he already at the Pink Un? I remember him writing stuff on Facebook a while back. I agreed with him on the fact that DF is poor at seeing when a game is changing and he is stubborn when it comes to making subs.

I like that team.

DF saying none of his out field players have prem experience is a little weak in my eyes. It is football and sure the standard is better but these players should be doing better than they did on Friday. Also, surely you knew at the start of the season we had hardly any prem experience why not act them?

Everton have Yerry Mina and Delph out for tonight.

I am worried about Calvert-Lewin's pace and Richarlison strength.