Everton | Page 11 | Vital Football

Everton

Have a good read about the negativity elsewhere, on here is a prime example, its rampant, as for not putting money into the club or going to matches...Supporters just happen to still go to matches and rightfully so, its not all about winning, its being part of our club and for the love of the game.

Although I totally agree about being part of a club ( and like yourself it goes back about 50 years ), the aim was to stay in premier league and after a couple of seasons we would start winning more frequently.
If we have to go down to win there just is not any ambition,

I may be negative but watching for a third time, a poor effort to stay in premier league due to lack of finance is devastating to me.
Watching a game in my office ( instead of going to pub beforehand and being at a game with 27000 others) and seeing a strangely selected team, with poor tactics and apparent lack of energy and motivation, sink to yet another defeat and almost certain relegation makes me angry and negativity then follows.

For the last 2 games, the manager has failed, the tactics have been totally wrong, the players have been very poor and we have been shown up as a lost cause.

There are still 4 to 5 teams only about 6 /7 points ahead of us so they are just about as poor as us ( we would be ahead of them if we had not lost to all of them ) and we have not given it a proper go to overtake them.

Who is to blame ?
Owners refuse to sell and are happy with championship.
Webber has had 2 terrible windows. Is that all down to funding ?
Farke is either out of his depth or hampered by lack of quality players.
The players are not performing but with the selections / tactics is it all down
to them on the pitch ?

Have a good read about the negativity elsewhere, on here is a prime example, its rampant, as for not putting money into the club or going to matches...Supporters just happen to still go to matches and rightfully so, its not all about winning, its being part of our club and for the love of the game.

I have no issues with losing, it's part of the game but what I am tired of is being told how hopeless every match is. It's the constant negative mindset this season, it came across like we had already given up before we had started (I don't question the players efforts just to be clear).

I understand they want to manage expectations but it feels like it's been a constant barrage this season of how screwed we are and even before a ball was kicked it was when not if we go down.

Although I totally agree about being part of a club ( and like yourself it goes back about 50 years ), the aim was to stay in premier league and after a couple of seasons we would start winning more frequently.

I may be negative but watching for a third time, a poor effort to stay in premier league due to lack of finance is devastating to me.
Watching a game in my office ( instead of going to pub beforehand and being at a game with 27000 others) and seeing a strangely selected team, with poor tactics and apparent lack of energy and motivation, sink to yet another defeat and almost certain relegation makes me angry and negativity then follows.

For the last 2 games, the manager has failed, the tactics have been totally wrong, the players have been very poor and we have been shown up as a lost cause.

There are still 4 to 5 teams only about 6 /7 points ahead of us so they are just about as poor as us ( we would be ahead of them if we had not lost to all of them ) and we have not given it a proper go to overtake them.

Who is to blame ?
to them on the pitch ?

Its all gone tits up, on the field off the field, on the bench, in the boardroom...Who is to Blame? Take your pick.

Same here losing is part of the game and it happens and I accept that but as long as we show effort.

I love this site because we can negative (of course) and also be positive without feeling like being attacked like on some sites where if I said something negative about df I get abuse and called all kinds of names.

For me it is more just disappointment that we got here (again) and it feels like we went into to it half-hearted and as if it was just going to be a short holiday. Again with this mini relegation league (as DF put it) we had a chance and haven't really shown up/

Who is to blame ?
to them on the pitch ?

excellent post and spot on

It is all so annoying and heartbreaking.....if only we had put 200% effort in and won our two home games we would now be in with a great chance of staying up . football is what it is, but I still hate losing whatever the circumstances are

I'm putting the current position of the club squarely at Delia's door.
She's not rich enough to own a premiership club.
Plain and simple.
We get promoted time and time again.
Then we get told there's no money to bring in new players that might improve the team and keep us up.
Any manager we have is hamstrung and tries to do their best with a championship team in the premiership.
It's not going to get any better either if she gives the club to civil servant Tom.

I saw some stuff on social about 'farke is going to walk away at the end of the season. I can't see this happening but if it did do you guys think having lack of funds would affect our choice of manager? Would we go for another unknown foreign manager?

It is all so annoying and heartbreaking.....if only we had put 200% effort in and won our two home games we would now be in with a great chance of staying up . football is what it is, but I still hate losing whatever the circumstances are

I think we have the easiest medical in the league. The players we get are cheap (we can't afford expensive ones) because they are prone to injury. And they can't go at 200%. The only players not prone to injury are the youth players coming through the ranks.

I saw some stuff on social about 'farke is going to walk away at the end of the season. I can't see this happening but if it did do you guys think having lack of funds would affect our choice of manager? Would we go for another unknown foreign manager?
We will go for the cheapest option Bears.
I hope he doesn't go because he's proven himself at championship level. What players are left after the great summer sale may make his mind up.

Also is all this defeatist attitude to help lower fans expectations, put less pressure on players, try to deflect any pressure on his job put on him by the board?

I don't like reading or hearing it. I want to hear 'we can win'.Screenshot_20200625-205646_Instagram.jpg

Perhaps he's really after the FA cup. We are basically already relegated with the worst points total ever (thats a potential record). If he can deliver the cup he'll be in the hall of fame and give us European football next season 😁

I'm putting the current position of the club squarely at Delia's door.
She's not rich enough to own a premiership club.
Plain and simple.
We get promoted time and time again.
Then we get told there's no money to bring in new players that might improve the team and keep us up.
Any manager we have is hamstrung and tries to do their best with a championship team in the premiership.
It's not going to get any better either if she gives the club to civil servant Tom.

Exactly Screaming . You’ve said it all in that post :clap:

Also, why the hell are we still using zonal marking? We have been poor on set pieces all season and it's like the players don't know how to defend when using a zonal marking system. Keown on BBC was shocked at how Everton scored so easily saying zonal gives the defenders more time to react and jump but none of our players did this.

I'm sure Delia or was Webber said we had learn lessons from the last relegations. It doesn't look like it.

Perhaps he's really after the FA cup. We are basically already relegated with the worst points total ever (thats a potential record). If he can deliver the cup he'll be in the hall of fame and give us European football next season 😁
Keown suggested this but said if true DF must be mad because you should go with best 11 and prem is the most important. He said beating Everton means we were back in with a shout.