Everton | Vital Football

Everton

Im expecting another turgid shadow chasing 2-0 away defeat with a real lack of attacking intent again. Hate thinking this way but i really cant see unless theres a drastic upturn in performance and tactics how we will improve and turn things around, defeat in the next 2 games which is highly likely then were properly cut adrift at the bottom

Lose the next two ( highly likely ) and we will be faced with the impossible task of having to win every other game to stay up . I hate to say it but the season may be over for us very soon , with the Boards SWs and DGs pathetic plan to keep keep us in the Premier League having failed miserably

Im expecting another turgid shadow chasing 2-0 away defeat with a real lack of attacking intent again. Hate thinking this way but i really cant see unless theres a drastic upturn in performance and tactics how we will improve and turn things around, defeat in the next 2 games which is highly likely then were properly cut adrift at the bottom
I am the same I hate to feel like this but I have the feeling it will be another game where the players don't turn up and the game is over by HT. You can usually tell within the first few minutes what the game is going to be like - if we look positive and attack early on we might have a game on. I just have a feeling that will be another poor weekend for us.

Remember when we were failing in the prem before under AN and then again in the championship with AN and even at the start of DF's reign when players were coming out, usually Martin as Capt., and would talk to media and say things like stick with us, get behind the side. Then it stopped and we were all very happy. Well, it seems to be happening again. McLean, Krul, Tettey have all come out in the past few months with things like we will bounce back and stay with us next game we will improve etc. Today it is Lewis who has come out and said - Just keep doubting us and we will prove you wrong! Interesting that he says that players in the premiership are different as they learn and change their style of play which players/teams don't do in the championship - that is like us not changing to win a game - we are still thinking like we are in the championship which Sheffield Utd are not - tey are changing their game and style.

2014 ..... unnecessary relegation under Hughton with poor players and tactics

2016..... unnecessary relegation under Rab with poor players and tactics

2019 ..... highly likely relegation under SW/DF with poor players and tactics

Common factor in these continuous disasters ? The owners and Board

So Hanley is out again - hasn't been able to train he has picked up another issue - the guy is screwed and maybe it is a mental thing too.

Drmic was injured against Watford and it's a serious muscle injury, He is out for 2 months at least. So our forward line is Pukki and Srbeny - bloody hell

Lewis is out.

Goooood news is - Zimmermann is back and training and has said he is available to play. DF said he isn't sure if he will start him but Zimmermann is tough and wants to play.

McLean is also fit again and can play.

Pukki is okay to play - he had a slight issue but okay - he didn't sleep much but is positive and ready. DF says he is full of confidence.

DF says that they have the players to change the formation from the 4-2-3-1 to cover Lewis injury -

How will the do that? Unless they go with Zimmermann - Godfrey - Amadou at the back and have to attacking wing backs in Aarons and Byram?

It doesn't fill me with confidence when DF says

'I hope that I chose the right formation for tomorrow'

You bloody best do mate.

On Idah:

Adam (Idah) isn't far away from the first team, that's why we didn't send him on loan. We wanted him close to the whole group and we believe he could play in the Premier League in the short-term.

DF then kind of shits on Idah's good performances for Ireland u21:

'There's a big difference between Premier League football and youth international football, but that's good for Idah's confidence'

DF says that Roberts really wants to play but Cantwell's performances have kept him out......…...……..I am sure Hernandez has been playing and not Cantwell? He also drops a little nugget of info for the reason Roberts isn't playing and it is basically that Roberts hasn't done enough and hasn't tried hard enough.

He says that Cantwell stepped up his performances and effort because of Hernandez and Roberts......Roberts obviously hasn't

I don't agree with DF hen he says we have so many options on the wings -

Hernandez is a left winger
Cantwell is an attacking midfielder
Buendia is an attacking midfielder
Roberts is an attacking midfielder

We only have one out and out winger.

DF says that Roberts has improved in training and has a long season to impress us more

DF talks about players cutting out the mistakes and hopes that this will not happen as much.

DF does his Hughton bit:

'Everton shouldn't have to fight relegation. They have potential to fight for Europe. Marco has all the abilities as a coach to lead them to that, so fingers crossed for them, but not for tomorrow. Their last few results have been very good, so you could say it's not the best time to play them, but we can't change that. It will be difficult and we are respectful, but we want to win some points.'

So Everton are a good side --- better than us ---- they are on good form and we will just have to play them and see what happens but we want to win some points.

DF not worried about Pukki not scoring in last few games:

'We don't have to watch Finland to know how to get Teemu scoring, he was the player of the year last season. I'm not concerned that he won't be able to deliver for us soon.'

So what do you guys think?

Sounds like Hanley has some very bad issues and January we will defo need another central defender as Hanley probably won't be back for the next three games.

DF has said that he hasn't been able to work on tactical or individual stuff.

But then that is the same with every club.