Everton tickets | Page 5 | Vital Football

Everton tickets

Who knows what the shirt sponsorship deal is. Perhaps it's a set fee to cover all competitions or maybe there are buy out/opt in additional agreements for cup competitions. I doubt whether the club or sponsors would be inclined to go into any detail publicly about matters of that nature.

The interesting part to all of this is how -after so many years of hardship, we supporters, automatically scrutinise every financial aspect of drawing a top club in a cup competition. Old habits......!

Thought it was nowt at all until £25,000 in the semi-final (which is televised and well-supported anyway, so makes no sense)
I saw where someone posted the prize money showing this 7k, but all I can find is a 2017 prize fund list which says that. Seems a bit crazy there's nothing, but seems to be the case.
It's interesting going through the rules of these things, you have to pay the away team £2400 for hire of a motor coach or up to £100 for an air ticket max 24 people. For these 1st round games, by the time all the deductions have been paid I'm surprised if there's anything left.

The interesting part to all of this is how -after so many years of hardship, we supporters, automatically scrutinise every financial aspect of drawing a top club in a cup competition. Old habits......!
it`s a shame the peeps running the club it in the past didn`t scrutinise those financials with a bit of detail and then we wouldn`t have left the football league still paying league salaries to our players whilst performing in non league.(contract detail)

Last edited:
I saw where someone posted the prize money showing this 7k, but all I can find is a 2017 prize fund list which says that. Seems a bit crazy there's nothing, but seems to be the case.
It's interesting going through the rules of these things, you have to pay the away team £2400 for hire of a motor coach or up to £100 for an air ticket max 24 people. For these 1st round games, by the time all the deductions have been paid I'm surprised if there's anything left.

If the figures you refer to were in 2017 I don’t think the competition had a sponsor that year so possibly it’s not the same this year.

To think, since the Cowleys took over, we will have faced the following Premier League sides (and I include Under-23s in here):
Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Manchester United, Burnley and Wolves, plus Brighton, who were a soon-to-be Premier League side.

In the 10 or so years before that, how many had we faced? Probably not even one, I cannot recall.
Always used to be Scunny getting these draws (didn't they also play Everton in quick succession, too?).

I saw an article which in summary said the only way to make any cash from the competition before the semi final was to get a marquee Premier League side away from home and to have the game televised.

Last year there was £10k for winning a group game in the (then) Checkatrade.

it`s a shame the peeps running the club it in the past didn`t scrutinise those financials with a bit of detail and then we wouldn`t have left the football league still paying league salaries to our players whilst performing in non league.(contract detail)
Performing is a strong word

Another potential bonus may be that now the game is televised (also midweek) Everton will be happy with a few less tickets potentially increasing the prospect of some Imps in the SW. Last time they came Everton were only given The South Park Stand. Is 15% applicable to League Cup games or is that just the FA Cup?

Another potential bonus may be that now the game is televised (also midweek) Everton will be happy with a few less tickets potentially increasing the prospect of some Imps in the SW. Last time they came Everton were only given The South Park Stand. Is 15% applicable to League Cup games or is that just the FA Cup?
https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/
23.2 states away club entitled to 10% of tickets.
We should be mindful that Everton gave the Imps a good allocation in January though...

I saw an article which in summary said the only way to make any cash from the competition before the semi final was to get a marquee Premier League side away from home and to have the game televised.

Last year there was £10k for winning a group game in the (then) Checkatrade.
Thats correct. But you got £20k for entering the competition just for starters. 10k for a group win, and another 20k for qualifying from the group into the KO stage.
Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw
then
Round Two: £20k for a win
Round Three: £40k for a win
Quarter Final: £50k for a win
Runner-up: £50k
Winner: £100k

I don't see it as a sell out at all, Everton will bring a second/third team . FA cup may be, but not this game

I don't see it as a sell out at all, Everton will bring a second/third team . FA cup may be, but not this game

Everton's U21 team is due to play at Mansfield the night before - interesting to see if that still goes ahead, with more senior U23s in the Sincil Bank squad? I still think they'll bring s strong team, supporters are desperate for a cup win.