Everton 0 Pool 2 | Vital Football

Everton 0 Pool 2

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
CJ Hamilton stepped up his return from injury by finding the net in a 2-0 Lancashire Senior Cup victory at Everton this evening.
The winger, out of action since late August following surgery, played the full 90 minutes of a behind-closed-doors encounter at the Premier League outfit’s Finch Farm training complex.
Joined in the side by fellow first-team squad members Stuart Moore, Dujon Sterling, Oliver Casey and Owen Dale, the 26-year-old opened the scoring in the 38th minute, turning his man inside the box before slotting past the ‘keeper.
The Seasiders then doubled their lead in the second-half, when a young trialist introduced off the bench pounced on some hesitancy at the back to score.
The likes of Jack Moore and Ryan Grant also had good chances in the game, while Hamilton was denied a brace when thwarted by the Everton ‘keeper.
The only disappointment for Blackpool on a rain-soaked night in Merseyside was seeing defender Oliver Casey hobble off on the hour mark.
Team: S Moore, Sterling (Trialist 72), Grant, Casey (S Sinclair 59), J Moore, Antwi, Trusty, Mariette, Hamilton, Dale (Trialist 45), Bange

CJ Hamilton was pleased to get a goal and 90 minutes under his belt in a behind closed doors run out at Everton on Tuesday evening.
The winger put a frustrating time with injury behind him by netting in a 2-0 Lancashire Senior Cup victory at the Toffees’ Finch Farm training ground.
“The gaffer pulled me on Tuesday and asked me if I wanted to get involved. I was always up for it because I haven’t played football for a good, few months now. I needed the 90 minutes,” Hamilton said.
“It’s always a boost to score in any kind of game, so to get a goal as well as a game is always good.”
The 26-year-old hopes that initial performance is a sign of things to come, given that he has now rectified a problematic issue with a screw in his foot.
“I feel a lot better. I can’t express how much different it is making me feel. I’m more confident turning, twisting and in everything that I do. It was well worth doing it.
“When you get any kind of knock as a player, you always think about it in the back of your mind. It was almost like having a stone in your shoe all the time. It was unbearable. In the end, I had to make the decision whether to get the surgery or not, and I’m glad that I did.”
As he prepares to make a first-team return, Hamilton is well aware of the battle for a wing spot ahead.
“The boys are doing very well, so I’ve got to bide my time and put in my performances in these types of games and training to get back in the squad,” he added.