Evans transfer update | Page 2 | Vital Football

Evans transfer update

He was but tough enough in this division?
Wasn’t he the guy who punched the ball in the box, giving away a late penalty ?

Think you are right about the penalty. He might be tougher now, should certainly be stronger. He had ability and might be a Maghoma replacement

Think you are right about the penalty. He might be tougher now, should certainly be stronger. He had ability and might be a Maghoma replacement
If we are bringing in two centre backs he might be worth a punt .But definitely not as the answer to our problems at the back in my view.

If we are bringing in two centre backs he might be worth a punt .But definitely not as the answer to our problems at the back in my view.
We are about in the middle in goals conceded.
Charlton have conceded more than us.
I feel that Evans didn’t do our defence much good by chopping and changing.
Jackson (no other choice) Tucker Ogilvie and O’Connor is clearly the most obvious back four and needs no tinkering unless for injuries.

TBH ,I think Jack is downgraded from last year. Since Max went I think he's struggled a bit and he now seems to just want to hoof the ball upfield. I thought against Accrington he was quite poor. I think there's a good centreback in there somewhere it just needs coming out.

We are about in the middle in goals conceded.
Charlton have conceded more than us.
I feel that Evans didn’t do our defence much good by chopping and changing.
Jackson (no other choice) Tucker Ogilvie and O’Connor is clearly the most obvious back four and needs no tinkering unless for injuries.
If the back four was more dependable I believe the midfield would probably produce more. They need a voice I believe someone to bring the best out of Tucker.Guys like Slattery and Dempsey will get goals if they are given more opportunities to get forward.

If the back four was more dependable I believe the midfield would probably produce more. They need a voice I believe someone to bring the best out of Tucker.Guys like Slattery and Dempsey will get goals if they are given more opportunities to get forward.
Speaking as someone who has played a bit of football, I’d personally say that the exact opposite Chris.
The midfield have to show for the defender.
Usually the holding guy has to find space, come short and give the defender a short easy pass to make.
Ball playing centre backs are as rare as hens teeth, even in the premier league.
If any defender has no option, he’ll hoof it.
I think our back four is ok.
It was the midfield that needed work.

Speaking as someone who has played a bit of football, I’d personally say that the exact opposite Chris.
Usually the holding guy has to find space, come short and give the defender a short easy pass to make.
Ball playing centre backs are as rare as hens teeth, even in the premier league.

Speaking as someone, who was a woeful footballer, I'd agree.

Jackson is not a good defender in my view .We would be better with Ogilvie at left back and O'Connor in midfield. So in my opinion bring in a experienced centre back and a right back that can compete for those roles. Or at least one player that is good enough to play in both positions to allow real cover.That would probably mean a young premier league loan player.

Do you seriously think that Ogilvie is a better left back than centre back ?
Blimey !
I must be watching something different.

Blimey !

SE has hinted that he might play Ogilvie back on the LB, depends on the new CB, I suppose. Oggy certainly had a torrid time at LB a couple of seasons ago and it`s difficult to argue that CB is not his best position. However, he has shown considerable improvement at LB and has done a good job there this season when slotted wide by SE. He has an improving measure of versatility IMO.

Blimey !
I don't but I also don't think that Ogilvie, Tucker is the best combination .Ogilvie is a very adaptable player defensively these days .I believe the team will be best served with him at left back.

One of the beauties of football is that we can all watch the same games and come to completely different conclusions and opinions.
I certainly do not think Jackson has been our weakest defender this season. I think he has been pretty consistent actually.
I think he gets criticism from some just because he replaced Barry Fuller.
Ogilvie has been at fault for more goals conceded this season that Jacko and the only debate over him seems to be whether to play him at centre back or left back. On several occasions he has lost his man, or switched off and it has resulted in a penalty or a goal.
I think we are fine at right back, though we lack cover if Jackson gets a knock.

One of the beauties of football is that we can all watch the same games and come to completely different conclusions and opinions.
I certainly do not think Jackson has been our weakest defender this season. I think he has been pretty consistent actually.
I think he gets criticism from some just because he replaced Barry Fuller.
Ogilvie has been at fault for more goals conceded this season that Jacko and the only debate over him seems to be whether to play him at centre back or left back. On several occasions he has lost his man, or switched off and it has resulted in a penalty or a goal.
I think we are fine at right back, though we lack cover if Jackson gets a knock.

I’m in the camp that thinks a good midfield means the defence looks good.

On Saturday our midfield took all the plaudits for being excellent. Lo and behold we conceded none and only gave a sniff of one or 2 chances.

Keep the same defence as Saturday and if the midfield go ok, we’ll be fine.