Evans to Stevenage... | Page 7 | Vital Football

Evans to Stevenage...

Maybe "The chairman knows where i want to go in Summer" is metaphorical and he means PS is aware of his plans for our squad?
All seems very cryptic.

Maybe Mr. Scally knows where Mr. Evans wants to go, but Mr. Evans doesn't know and is waiting to be told? I've been in this sort of position on many occasions.

How many L1 clubs are also affected by The Football League loan conditions? They will find themselves in the same predicament. It could be a very interesting summer transfer market next summer.

Maybe Mr. Scally knows where Mr. Evans wants to go, but Mr. Evans doesn't know and is waiting to be told? I've been in this sort of position on many occasions.

It could also be a situation like when Pulis became in demand. Bristol City made him a big offer and we could reasonably have expected them to pay us generous compensation.

Instead, Pulis provoked Scally to sack him, and then additionally tried to screw the club for an unfair dismissal payment.

That is a bizarre comment, considering it would be impossible to know what management vacancies would actually be available in 7 months time.

Unless it is a club with an oblivious "dead man walking" like Lovell clearly was. Perhaps a contract is not going to be renewed but, if so, it would difficult to keep the Manager at that club motivated for the rest of this season.
Could it not be a general comment. IE Back nearer my family.It could be nearer Peterborough or back to Scotland or somewhere inbetween. Geography is against us agreeing a extension in my view. Also the continuing word we are not allowed to mention means no bigger budget next season. On a positive note I don't think Evans is that desperate to leave now.But the end of the season with most of the players seems very likely indeed.

It could also be a situation like when Pulis became in demand. Bristol City made him a big offer and we could reasonably have expected them to pay us generous compensation.

Instead, Pulis provoked Scally to sack him, and then additionally tried to screw the club for an unfair dismissal payment.

Pulis was awarded £70k , far less than he wanted but as in so many cases Scally was found to be in the wrong, despite his later claims.

Not the terms of a new contract offer was my point.

Although I like nobbys point, maybe Evans has said here's my plans for next season at Gills. Can you support them or not.

that would be win win all round! If scally can of course!
Maybe a season ticket push that if we sell 5k PS will give Steve the biggest budget ever! A self fulfilling prophecy! Then as fans the balls in our court. I live in Belfast but I would buy one.

What else would they be discussing. If PS has been informed by Evans he has plans elsewhere in the summer then what is there to discuss?
Lots if Evans is staying till the end of the season he will want to know where he stands in January. Does Scally need to sell a player to balance the books if so who?That could well be the deal breaker or otherwise. No new money and there is more chance that Evans will demand to be released from his contract.It appears Stevenage want to do things properly so there is a chance that a deal could be made in the coming days.

that would be win win all round! If scally can of course!
Maybe a season ticket push that if we sell 5k PS will give Steve the biggest budget ever! A self fulfilling prophecy! Then as fans the balls in our court. I live in Belfast but I would buy one.

I admire your commitment but I'm afraid scally has lost my belief and trust so I won't be renewing mine after many years. I can't see us getting anywhere near 2500 let alone 5000 but I genuinely hope you are correct.

But would you support the scheme Mark? If scally guaranteed to invest money in the squad to make us competitive on the provision we sell x amount of season tickets would you renew? Maybe if PS even went on half salary for a year too?

I think he needs to do something creative to combat the malaise and turn PR around. I think Steve with a bit more cash would make us genuine play off challengers.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here, but why would the compensation we're requesting for Evans be connected to his wages? It wouldn't be the case for a player - if we sell Dempsey (for example) in the transfer window, the fee we get won't be determined by the wages we'd have to pay him between now and the end of the season.

Sounds more like a release clause in Evans' contract, doesn't it?

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here, but why would the compensation we're requesting for Evans be connected to his wages? It wouldn't be the case for a player - if we sell Dempsey (for example) in the transfer window, the fee we get won't be determined by the wages we'd have to pay him between now and the end of the season.

Sounds more like a release clause in Evans' contract, doesn't it?
I’d guess it’s the remaining amount of contract payable for Evans and Raynor until end of June next year.

I’d guess it’s the remaining amount of contract payable for Evans and Raynor until end of June next year.

But that would imply that we've got to pay up their contract if they leave (otherwise why hold out for the precise amount we still owe them?). But surely if Stevenage come in for them and pay compensation for them, and they voluntarily choose to join Stevenage, we've not got to pay them anything?

What we're holding out for is in effect a transfer fee, I don't see the relevance of the amount remaining on their contract in deciding that fee.