Evans to Stevenage... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Evans to Stevenage...

Just to put Evans in an even better mood lol!
Interesting move by Scally. Knowing him, it could be a negotiating ploy to squeeze a bit more money out of Stevenage. Or he's going to offer Evans another contract!
Reading the quotes - does SE want to stay longer?

How does the compensation work? Is it set or negotiated.

If it’s negotiated then it will be less for a unhappy manager who clearly wants out as opposed to someone settled.

Maybe evans is doing his best to lower the compensation fee for his new employers?

Or he's going to offer Evans another contract!

Lol I would love to be fly on the wall at that meeting.

"steve take a look at this brochure - path to the premier league".

I wonder where he wants to go in summer reading the BBC story ?

Wherever it is I am sure they are a great club, with brilliant fans and fantastic owners ;-)

"I have got told to play youth players........"

Who tells SE what to do? I assume PS.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...arent-ready-admits-manager-steve-evan-257560/

Gbode is very young - didn`t see the game so don`t know how well he did. But, no doubt about it,the experience will have benefited him greatly. Personally, `i welcome the inclusion of Sithole, Akehurst and Lintott in the match day squad. If the quality is there (accepting it can always be improved) then what they need is exposure to the higher tempo and bigger battles.

I might be in the minority here, but if SE wants to leave for Stevenage, agree a deal and let him go.

If he's unhappy - and his language indicates that, albeit very carefully - he's not going to be emotionally invested in the club performing well. And denying him now just makes it nailed on he'll leave for nothing in the summer.

I know we love the loyalty line in football but it's a façade. We've had some really positive results under SE. If he wants to go, I don't see any reason to keep him other than pig-headed stubbornness, which will almost certainly bite us further down the line (can you imagine what Evans will say about the club?).

Get your new team in, give them sometime to assess, back them building in the next two windows.

I might be in the minority here, but if SE wants to leave for Stevenage, agree a deal and let him go.

If he's unhappy - and his language indicates that, albeit very carefully - he's not going to be emotionally invested in the club performing well. And denying him now just makes it nailed on he'll leave for nothing in the summer.

I know we love the loyalty line in football but it's a façade. We've had some really positive results under SE. If he wants to go, I don't see any reason to keep him other than pig-headed stubbornness, which will almost certainly bite us further down the line (can you imagine what Evans will say about the club?).

Get your new team in, give them sometime to assess, back them building in the next two windows.

We can’t let him go evidently Steve is centre forward Saturday and Scallywag is on the wing

If ever there was any doubt about how amateurish our club has become, an official club statement regarding the future of the manager has him contracted until June 2021, not June 2022.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

If ever there was any doubt about how amateurish our club has become, an official club statement regarding the future of the manager has him contracted until June 2021, not June 2022.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

They seem to have corrected it now.

Interesting that they end the statement with "We look forward to Steve leading the team for the remainder of his contract, and hopefully beyond". Mere platitudes? Or could negotiations be underway about extending his deal?

If BFSE is here next season it means 2 things:

- we have one of the best managers at our level
- Scally must have persuaded him with a much bigger budget.

We’re never going to be paying megabucks but I’d love to see PS really stretch the budget and take a punt on BFSE for one season - just like he did with JED.

I’d love to see PS really stretch the budget and take a punt on BFSE for one season - just like he did with JED.

Unless one of the investors he speaks to every week actually comes through then that seems impossible to envisage.

We aren't going to be able to noticeably increase the budget organically e.g tickets sales / off field revenue.

We could in theory sell the likes of Tucker/Dempsey but their real value is "add ons" any actual fee is likely to be relatively small as they only have 6 months left on the contract.

I hope you are right though but I just don't see it being that likely.

"The chairman knows where i want to go in Summer" - Scotland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330676

That is a bizarre comment, considering it would be impossible to know what management vacancies would actually be available in 7 months time.

Unless it is a club with an oblivious "dead man walking" like Lovell clearly was. Perhaps a contract is not going to be renewed but, if so, it would difficult to keep the Manager at that club motivated for the rest of this season.

Unless one of the investors he speaks to every week actually comes through then that seems impossible to envisage.

We aren't going to be able to noticeably increase the budget organically e.g tickets sales / off field revenue.

We could in theory sell the likes of Tucker/Dempsey but their real value is "add ons" any actual fee is likely to be relatively small as they only have 6 months left on the contract.

I hope you are right though but I just don't see it being that likely.

I think Dempsey would command a fee even if his contract runs down.

Agree with your points on growing revenue streams organically. I was suggesting a small increase in the budget to make us slightly more competitive - funded with a bit of debt. If it doesn’t come off then we’ll suffer in the subsequent years.

Edit - should read Tucker.

Last edited:
Do people realise that none of our players are under contract for next season?
All those offered deals in the summer had to be one year contracts due to the embargo.
Players that were here before all have deals that expire in the summer!!

Do people realise that none of our players are under contract for next season?
All those offered deals in the summer had to be one year contracts due to the embargo.
Players that were here before all have deals that expire in the summer!!

Yep

Point of order though he's asked that you don't call it an embargo