Evans rightly livid about Covid Fleetwood situation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Evans rightly livid about Covid Fleetwood situation

Just heard Evans comments seriously not happy about the the lack of protection of Gillingham with the game taking place without Fleetwood being tested.Has promised to name and shame those responsible on Monday.

I`m a tad surprised the game went ahead, given the situation with Fleetwood. The wise thing to do was surely to defer the game. I would say, though, with specific reference to Fleetwood not Covid testing, they have been. Cods have been testing their players at their training ground. A number of academy players and two first teamers tested positive about three weeks ago. It`s not clear whether this was routine "whole squad testing" or individual symptom prompted. Don`t know whether or not they tested anyone post-Accrington - but the effectiveness of a test just a couple of days after contact with Accy may not have been revealing anyway. The sensible thing to do, bearing in mind that Cods had been in contact with Covid infected Accy`s, was surely to have the whole Cods squad isolate for two weeks and our game called off.

I`m a tad surprised the game went ahead, given the situation with Fleetwood. The wise thing to do was surely to defer the game. I would say, though, with specific reference to Fleetwood not Covid testing, they have been. Cods have been testing their players at their training ground. A number of academy players and two first teamers tested positive about three weeks ago. It`s not clear whether this was routine "whole squad testing" or individual symptom prompted. Don`t know whether or not they tested anyone post-Accrington - but the effectiveness of a test just a couple of days after contact with Accy may not have been revealing anyway. The sensible thing to do, bearing in mind that Cods had been in contact with Covid infected Accy`s, was surely to have the whole Cods squad isolate for two weeks and our game called off.

Joey Barton confirmed in his post match interview that no-one at Fleetwood had been tested between the Accrington game and yesterday.