• If he won't leave sack him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided totally down to Scally .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris who

Vital Champions League
Chairman votes of confidence are largely a waste of space .But fans often have a big say in the future of the manger.I am of the mind that given funds are going to be almost no existent it is hard to see how a manager change will help unless Stevenage are ready to meet Scally's demands.

If his heart is in it. I think that is a very good way of putting it.

His gamble of concentrating on quality rather than quantity is backfiring at the moment. That was always going to be the case with very little preseason and reduced fitness levels. If there really is an embargo as well, he can not put it right in January either.

This would be one of the biggest challenges for any manager, but if he is more concerned about the risk of his first (?) relegation then it would make sense just to let him jump ship and Stevenage can have him.

I assume this a straw poll then? ;)
It seems that the majority on here are not that far apart it seems odd that I am perhaps slightly unusually with the majority as I don't think that the heart still in it and Stevenage agreeing to pay what Scally wants is really that far apart.

Can I vote 1st and last option?

Yes if his heart is still in it.
Otherwise let him talk to Stevenage if they meet scallys asking price.

I think he’s off. I just hope it’s when Stevenage pay us for him rather than us (scally) having to sack him.

If we are changing managers this season, sooner the better. And I’d hate it to drag on and Evans lose all the good will and respect he has gained from most fans during his stay.

Can I vote 1st and last option?

Yes if his heart is still in it.
Otherwise let him talk to Stevenage if they meet scallys asking price.

I think he’s off. I just hope it’s when Stevenage pay us for him rather than us (scally) having to sack him.

If we are changing managers this season, sooner the better. And I’d hate it to drag on and Evans lose all the good will and respect he has gained from most fans during his stay.
I think you can now vote for two options.

The club’s media has been very quiet today. Just a happy birthday for Barry Ashby this morning.
No usual “Gaffer at the Weekend” Q&A feature.
Does this suggest he could be off?

Just noticed Durham Gills has voted for no circumstances we should let him leave so perhaps that is currently Paul Scally's position?

Is Evans trying to get fired? Is he trying to encourage Scally to fund signings? Is Scally hanging him out to dry, or trying to avoid cost for the club? I haven't a clue but they need to sort themselves out pronto because this situation is draining enthusiasm and support. Stay or go but settle it quickly

Is Evans trying to get fired? Is he trying to encourage Scally to fund signings? Is Scally hanging him out to dry, or trying to avoid cost for the club? I haven't a clue but they need to sort themselves out pronto because this situation is draining enthusiasm and support. Stay or go but settle it quickly

Agree, hope it doesn’t linger on.

I thought (and still think) that within a short time, GFC will release a statement agreeing to let them talk to Evans and saying (reluctantly) he can go if we get “compensation”.

Alternatively, it needs both parties to front up and Steve to say “I’m staying to at least see out this contract. We are in a dog fight and I’m fully up for it”.

I hope it’s not a “pals act” behind the scenes of SE saying to Stevenage “don’t worry, I’ll make sure it goes tits up here and get the sack. See you in a month”.

Because unfortunately with 2 characters that seem as single-minded as PS and SE, it might just go down that path and be very destructive for all.