Evans interview | Vital Football

Evans interview

I thought that a very good interview. He paints an analytical picture, but is constantly working in motivational stuff to get the listener on board and excited about what's coming up.

He maintains
He's always been about youth, whether finances dictate or not
We are facing the Group of Death next season, a bunch of rich clubs with severe status issues, money and chips on their shoulders
Even if he leaves, which he's not, he's put the football admin on a firmer footing for the next manager

He does sound like a put together fellow whom we're lucky to have.

It goes without saying that league one will look very different in the coming season. The financial position of clubs will almost certainly show in league position. I can see a few clubs maintaining their spending with new investment. But for the vast majority it will be a fight for survival. The sale of players might be a way forward but prices will be heavily deflated. For sure Evans will not get it easy .But there may well be a few play off places up for grabs with so many clubs struggling to pay the Bill's. But I am expecting run away leaders this coming season. I think our league could have a Scottish premier league look table wise.

It goes without saying that league one will look very different in the coming season. The financial position of clubs will almost certainly show in league position. I can see a few clubs maintaining their spending with new investment. But for the vast majority it will be a fight for survival. The sale of players might be a way forward but prices will be heavily deflated. For sure Evans will not get it easy .But there may well be a few play off places up for grabs with so many clubs struggling to pay the Bill's. But I am expecting run away leaders this coming season. I think our league could have a Scottish premier league look table wise.

Who do you think they will be Chris?
I notice that Sunderland have resigned Chris Maguire.
He’s clearly a bit tasty at our level.
It will be interesting to see who the relegated teams retain.

On early evidence from the premiership matches behind closed doors shine a harsher light on gulfs in quality. I don't know whether the noise itself blinds one, or whether support and opposition give a slight edge to one side and a slight inhibition to the other. On that basis alone I expect the big clubs in our division to win more easy victories.

On early evidence from the premiership matches behind closed doors shine a harsher light on gulfs in quality. I don't know whether the noise itself blinds one, or whether support and opposition give a slight edge to one side and a slight inhibition to the other. On that basis alone I expect the big clubs in our division to win more easy victories.

I think fans will be allowed back in (limited numbers at first) when league one restarts.

That’s of course assuming that football will resume in empty stadiums at our level.
That simply isn’t going to happen.
I’d hope that normal service will be resumed by September.
Once an opening day is announced, the clubs will have plenty of time to get ready.

As I’ve said previously, the old folk probably won’t be confident enough to attend but that doesn’t mean younger fans shouldn’t.

Who do you think they will be Chris?
I notice that Sunderland have resigned Chris Maguire.
He’s clearly a bit tasty at our level.
It will be interesting to see who the relegated teams retain.

Living in Suffolk you can't avoid news from Ipswich. Most thought this season would be fun - winning games and getting promoted. Where I get my hair cut it is decked out in Ipswich memorabilia - when I discuss Gills they react in a friendly but slightly patronising way, all good fun. The football part of the town has gone into meltdown as the season progressed. ' Even Gillingham are better than us', I'm loving it! Realistically they will be near the top next season now they know what League One is all about.

Its a great interview. I have really warmed to Evans and it is crystal clear that he is an experienced manager with contacts. The likes of Hessenthaler, Lovell and Pennock just can't match that managerial experience and contacts.

We definitely upgraded in signing Evans and I hope he's around for a while yet.

Given how quickly the government is relaxing lockdown I have hopes that we will be back in the stadium before the year is out.

Looking forward to it, it is the one thing I have missed

That’s of course assuming that football will resume in empty stadiums at our level.
Once an opening day is announced, the clubs will have plenty of time to get ready.

As I’ve said previously, the old folk probably won’t be confident enough to attend but that doesn’t mean younger fans shouldn’t.

I hope you are right about a full return for us but we can't bank on it. If old folk don't come back every fan will practically have a row to themselves. In any event there would not be enough income to make it worthwhile. Fingers crossed the situation in the autumn is good enough to inject a deal more confidence into punters old and young.

Good news that all four of the out of contract players are in talks. At least we are in with a chance of signing some/all of them.

I think a few people on here are starting to develop a bit of a man crush on BFSE.

To be fair, he hasn’t really done anything wrong from what I recall - apart for one or two games where he got a little animated.

I’ve never been a fan of his, but have always believed he would be a good managerial appointment for us.

I would go as far as saying that we have one of the best lower league managers going and he would be a struggle to replace.

Maybe the current COVID situation might discourage some clubs from approaching already contracted managers. I hope so, because we’ve looked so much better on the pitch, had much better engagement off the pitch and we’re much more professional looking outfit.

BFSE decision to axe players like BF and get rid of scholars are good examples where footballing sense have overridden sentiment - something that previous managers have fallen foul of. Ffs - remember that prolific non-league striker that AP bought - ha! I’m confident that wouldn’t happen now.

All stadiums will be back to normal and packed for the new season, fact.