Evans comments on official site..... Ref: Transfers | Vital Football

Evans comments on official site..... Ref: Transfers

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
are slightly changing day by day. A couple of weeks ago he said we had move to bring in 2 or 3 that we needed and that he hadn't used up the same budget as last year. He says he's trying to get a more rounded squad. Anybody think he's getting as many out as possible before we make our move freeing up a bit more on wages or does the budget not stretch as far as he thought?

I also see he's pinning an awful lot on Willock even with his limited exposure to first team football??

Scally would have told him the total budget, and to work within that budget. I still think that we have targets in sight, we just need the right wages to get them. Fingers crossed that we get our 20+ goal striker. I haven't lost faith in Evans, just hope he doesn't either :-)

The budget will have been set and agreed by PDPS. The only way to get more in in is to ship more out. SE has not been shy in telling players they are not in his plans and most of those have already gone.

A 20+ striker is not within our budget, a youngster with potential is the best we can hope for.

posted this on the wrong thread, makes more sense on this one.

A 20+ striker is not within our budget, a youngster with potential is the best we can hope for.

posted this on the wrong thread, makes more sense on this one.

I think you've missed the word 'proven league 1' out there when you say a 20+ striker is bot within our budget. It is of course possible to sign a youngster with potential and that they go on to score 20+ goals. Its less lokely, and more of a risk, but still possible and still the holy grail for all teams that they pluck the youngster from a lower league for cheap and they make it in league 1 (a bit like Eaves).

I am of the view that Evans may well have given up on the idea of getting another forward because of the greater need to sort out the balance of the side.Without a left side this team will struggle.We also lack a ball winner on midfield and real leadership given he has already gone from wanting 3 to 4 players to 1 to 2 players.The budget left is unlikely to strengthen the forward line.Where getting in a excellent left back or left sided midfield or both may not be out of reach.

Bringing in a proven goalscorer costs and would have had to have been done well before now.This could have been done by reducing our options elsewhere or the numbers of striker's on our books this season.As I said before I believe both Evans and Scally were probably hopeful that Dack would be sold allowing a transfer budget which could then facilitate a goalscorer signing.

I am of the view that Evans may well have given up on the idea of getting another forward because of the greater need to sort out the balance of the side.Without a left side this team will struggle.We also lack a ball winner on midfield and real leadership given he has already gone from wanting 3 to 4 players to 1 to 2 players.The budget left is unlikely to strengthen the forward line.Where getting in a excellent left back or left sided midfield or both may not be out of reach.
That sounds very easy and straight forward, the one flaw in your post is "Left sided" only about 10% of the population are naturally left sided, not all of them play football, and of the ones that do not all are good. As every team wants half of their players to be left footed it makes it quite hard compared to getting a right sided player of quality .

We will get new players, this is my belief, Evans said Scally is pushing him , but Steve said we won’t just get anybody, I for one think that’s sensible, you have to stay patient.

That sounds very easy and straight forward, the one flaw in your post is "Left sided" only about 10% of the population are naturally left sided, not all of them play football, and of the ones that do not all are good. As every team wants half of their players to be left footed it makes it quite hard compared to getting a right sided player of quality .
Garmston

Looking at the squad we have 21 first teamers.

To get more in some have to go out i think.

Aside from the obvious exaggeration of managers wanting half their team left footed, 10% of the population equates to one player on the pitch which is usually the left back. Elsewhere having a left footer is not always so important. Mo Salah is left footed but plays on the right so he can cut in on his stronger foot and shoot. Adam Johnson was the same before he got banged up. Then you have right footers like Stirling regularly playing on the left for the same reason. With the modern full back expected to get to the byline it is not so important to have a left footer on the left wing and vice versa and a lot more modern tactics are making use of the inverted winger.

Football is sometimes unfair, my opinion on Garmston is he is a very nice person, and hopefully got over the injury’s very quick , I think he’s worth keeping, but I also 100% put my trust in Evans, I think one of the best in league 1, we will not be in trouble soon.