Evans and Raynor Q&A | Vital Football

Evans and Raynor Q&A

Sounds as though some contracted midfielders may be on there way out

Quote from Evans on the club's Facebook page:

"The midfield needs improving. There are 14 contracted players here; we have spoken to some players who said it will be difficult for them to play based on who we are going to bring in"

Quote from Evans on the club's Facebook page:

"The midfield needs improving. There are 14 contracted players here; we have spoken to some players who said it will be difficult for them to play based on who we are going to bring in"
I’d guess Rees and Callum Reilly might be on their way

Don’t think Byrne is one of them. Someone asked which players had impressed him. He mentioned Hanlan, Ehmer, Ogilvie, Fuller, Charles-Cook and Byrne. Also talking to a goalscorer who’s due to have further talks with Scally on Monday.

Don’t think Byrne is one of them. Someone asked which players had impressed him. He mentioned Hanlan, Ehmer, Ogilvie, Fuller, Charles-Cook and Byrne. Also talking to a goalscorer who’s due to have further talks with Scally on Monday.
I’ve always preferred goal scorers to plain old forwards :wahey:

Turned into a bit of a Steve Evans love in and only lasted an hour, not the two hours advertised. None of the boo boys turned up it would seem, apart from one question asking him about his criminal record at Boston and his spat with Hess, which he blamed on someone else incriminating him!

No sign of Scally which was disappointing as quite a few I know had questions for him.

Other tidbits:

“Bear in mind sometimes transfer fees are paid over 2, 3. 4 years, and 10 in some Premiership cases...but if Dack goes, the money will be added to the budget.”

When asked what individual players still under contract who he likes: “Hanlon, Ogilvie, Max, Fuller (particular emphasis/surprise from both). Charles-Cook with his pace. Byrne has talent”

On what particular areas needed strengthening “Up front was no problem, Eaves and Hanson were working well. But the Middle of the Park wasn’t good enough. I felt sorry for Connor and Max at how opposition were given a free run at them.” - this actually followed on from the news of Evans looking extensively at strikers.
“[Emphatically]You won’t see Ogilvie out wide often with us!!”

A bit of a spark when asked about Boston and reporting Hess over racism. Despite the quotations I’m not too sure about the actual wording, but I think by then Gills twitter team were broadcasting it live so someone could confirm?

“It would be agreed that player x or y would be paid £500 a week. The chairman then makes one-off payment of £10,000 then pays £200 a week. That’s him, but I’m not a grass.”

“Hess called me a Scottish b*****. That’s not that bad! A steward then told me he’s questioned Hess and asked if I want to press charges. I said no, then called Hess up. We’re actually friends”

My guess is Rees, Reilly, Parrett could have been told they are not part of his plans.
Or perhaps some of the younger ones - Chapman left yesterday despite being offered a new deal.

My guess is Rees, Reilly, Parrett could have been told they are not part of his plans.
Or perhaps some of the younger ones - Chapman left yesterday despite being offered a new deal.
Agree with those three.

Sorry couldn't make it. I was hoping I could ask him about the some of the unsavoury aspects of the game we've seen from him and his teams , diving, time-wasting, fouling, arguing with officials and opponents, rants on sideline, and that we don't want those at Gills, where we've not be known for any of the above

Other tidbits:

“Bear in mind sometimes transfer fees are paid over 2, 3. 4 years, and 10 in some Premiership cases...but if Dack goes, the money will be added to the budget.”

When asked what individual players still under contract who he likes: “Hanlon, Ogilvie, Max, Fuller (particular emphasis/surprise from both). Charles-Cook with his pace. Byrne has talent”

On what particular areas needed strengthening “Up front was no problem, Eaves and Hanson were working well. But the Middle of the Park wasn’t good enough. I felt sorry for Connor and Max at how opposition were given a free run at them.” - this actually followed on from the news of Evans looking extensively at strikers.
“[Emphatically]You won’t see Ogilvie out wide often with us!!”

A bit of a spark when asked about Boston and reporting Hess over racism. Despite the quotations I’m not too sure about the actual wording, but I think by then Gills twitter team were broadcasting it live so someone could confirm?

“It would be agreed that player x or y would be paid £500 a week. The chairman then makes one-off payment of £10,000 then pays £200 a week. That’s him, but I’m not a grass.”

“Hess called me a Scottish b*****. That’s not that bad! A steward then told me he’s questioned Hess and asked if I want to press charges. I said no, then called Hess up. We’re actually friends”

He said the steward reported the incident to the police who then questioned Hess and asked Evans if he wanted to press charges and he said no.

Decent evening and I was impressed with the answers, especially about making Priestfield an intimidating place to come. Last two seasons teams have turned up and had it far too easy. Evans seems fully committed (moving to the area next week whilst his family stay up north) Someone asked about players from previous clubs hating him and he said he's met with most of them socially since he was sacked.

Sorry couldn't make it. I was hoping I could ask him about the some of the unsavoury aspects of the game we've seen from him and his teams , diving, time-wasting, fouling, arguing with officials and opponents, rants on sideline, and that we don't want those at Gills, where we've not be known for any of the above

Someone asked about his touchline behaviour and he says he wants to control it but he is passionate and won't change that.

Nice to come out of Preistfield feeling positive for a change.

Thought SE came across well as expected. With his contacts I think we'll be ok next season. Over the last few seasons our managers have been too nice.

Nice to come out of Preistfield feeling positive for a change.

Thought SE came across well as expected. With his contacts I think we'll be ok next season. Over the last few seasons our managers have been too nice.

We’ve certainly gone from one extreme to the other with our managers’ personality traits!

There are always two sides to every story. He’s clearly got a plan, and a good footballing brain, I’m willing to give him a chance but he’s got a lot to do to really win me round. I want good performances/results but I also want that to be done respectfully, not in the typical Evans way.