Eva Carneiro | Vital Football

Eva Carneiro

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
Has settled her case with Chelsea over her unfair dismissal. Apparently she'd already rejected a 1.2m offer from Chelsea and although the terms of the offer in the settlement are confidential, i'd imagine it must be a fair bit more than the original offer. What a result for her!

The club has also gone on record to confirm their regret in how they behaved and basically publically accepted she did nothing wrong (as we all knew - but I guess it puts her in a much better light with future employers). I'd imagine she'll be able to pick up a similarly paid job when it comes up in the near future and will have made close to 1.5-2m.

Any chance we can sign her up? would be better than having to perv over the gforce or whatever they are called these days.

I would have thought the fact she bitched about the situation on Twitter was a fair reason to get rid. I notice the bloke Dr isn't suing. The club maintain they did nothing wrong but wanted to move on rather than get dragged through the courts. She comes out of it looking like a money-grabbing tramp so not sure that's the light she wants to be portrayed in.

I didn't realise she'd bitched about it on twitter. What was said?

I don't think she comes across as a money grabber either. I think she comes across as somebody who has stood their ground as she knew she was right to. I personally think she's come out of it smelling like roses and will not struggle to find another job. Not that she will need to any time soon.

Not sure how you can say Chelsea still feel they are right either. What I felt was important in all the reporting I've seen is that the club specifically submitted a formal apologogy and said they were in the wrong and that she was just doing her job. That's certainly what I saw.

Didn't we have a bit of domestic the last time we had a lady physio?
Is it me or is there a bit of "new boy at school" feeling about this message board ?

That's a good point. Rumour had it she was diddling Chris hope (maybe in the Queens head). Think she got sacked for some dodgy text messages or something.

There we go didn't take long to get the first potentially libelous comments on the board.

She did not bitch about anything on twitter. She thanked supporters for the many messages of support, which she received. The club were already briefing against her at that point; she was in a fight for her reputation and career.

The compensation terms are absurd just like everything else in football but the principles remain the same. She was poorly treated, improperly dismissed and some of the comments made by Mourhino would have seen him sacked from many jobs. Chelsea initially thought Mourhino too important not to defend. That changed and they ended up having to eat humble pie. A full hearing would have put the club in a bad light and revealed more damaging information. That's life and I'll wager women in football feel a bit better in their profession today.

Interesting how differently we are interpreting the settlement.
On day one of the hearing Chelsea submitted their case based around Carneiro having a huge ego, being publicity hungry (insisting she sat behind Mourinho in televised games), unprofessionalism (signing autographs and interacting with first team players on social media), generally seeking the limelight instead of doing her utmost to improve professionally and money grabbing (requested 4 times her original salary when they offered the her her job back.

Then when she was due to give potentially damaging evidence on day 2 they paid her off with a hollow apology and a gagging order.

And what did we here from the chap who Mourinho treated equally badly? Probably a word behind closed doors and then got on with his job. He didn?t feel the need to take to social media and thank people for their support.

I?m sure she is more than happy with the multiple million pound pay off but she still can?t buy the apology from Mourinho she seemingly craves.

I was wondering how Mourinho has got away with this scot free. The club has apologised and paid her money, but if i'm right the case was also against Mourinho. He seems to have just disappeared quietly in this whole court case - which he will be very happy about.

It was of course one of the contributing factors to his sacking so while he might have got away with it in terms of this case, I think he will still regret his actions, and I think it will always follow him around. He comes across as a complete to$$piece of a man-manager and it's lost him a lot of respect which won't be easy to pull back. I don't think any women will fancy working for him and I think even many men would think twice as he seems to be a very aggressive man manager whn things aren't going his way. I don't think i'd want to work for a manager like that.

The apology may or may not be hollow, but it's obvious that was one of the conditions of the settlement. Personally I think behind closed doors Chelsea will also admit they were completely in the wrong here too. It's obvious to everybody just who was in the wrong really.

Speaking of G Force, wasn't that a name used in last night's episode of Rovers on Sky? Written by Joe Wilkinson and David Earl.

Not a clue - i don't watch it. Although Joe Wilkinson is a gills fan apparently, so it would make sense, if a slightly odd reference of the gills to pick out!

Point taken. As you also mentioned G Force in that original post Limehaus was wrong to scold me for an off topic post.

I'm pretty sure he was joking and had just found the off topic emotion and wanted to use it. he also used the :19: rolling laughing emotion to indicate this

:93: