Euros | Page 91 | Vital Football

Euros

Southgate got it wrong…Henderson was dogshit when he came on and saka had a poor game by his recent standards and shouldn’t be anywhere near a penalty

but can we discuss why VAR didn’t step in for 2 red cards?

Isn't it a wonderful thing that we talking about losing to the best team in the tournament and the current best team on form in the world

recognise that its a good thing
They really aren’t all that, we dropped back far too much and gave them opportunity to get back in it

a decent manager would have changed it with decent subs and not Henderson who was dreadful and basically gave them free reign in the middle

If Rashford wasn't the country's de facto Prime Minister, would he even be in the squad?

Very borderline for me and even if he is in the squad, there's players that ought to be above him in the pecking order.

But thats GS not rashford fault. I dont think there should be any whipping boys tho. Be nice if GS takes this and can be braver if we get to another final.

Southgate got it wrong…Henderson was dogshit when he came on and saka had a poor game by his recent standards and shouldn’t be anywhere near a penalty

but can we discuss why VAR didn’t step in for 2 red cards?

First half was ok but it was the 2nd half and ET i thought we could have done something different and used our bench more effectively. Fine margins.

But thats GS not rashford fault. I dont think there should be any whipping boys tho. Be nice if GS takes this and can be braver if we get to another final.

Of course GS had to carry the can. Looking at how he came out in the interview, it seems like he's thinking of quitting.

I hope he doesn't and decides to learn from the experience instead. We've had a definite improvement since 2018. If we improve by the same amount again, we'll make the final in Qatar.

Winning is another matter though.

Rice was our best player tonight. He only brought Henderson on as its just a thing he likes to do, Henderson was garbage brought nothing when he came on. Kane was invisible after half time, sterling hardly did anything, Mount was poor the whole tournament he had options and he bottled it. I'm just so pissed off we just handed it to them, they aren't all that we just didn't go at them enough. Ref also bottled it that one on Grielish was a clear red.

Southgate made a couple of mistakes tonight but England are only anywhere close to being as good as they are because of Southgate.
Its not only on the field, but notice the press have been generally behind England this time. No lurid hateful stories about the players personal lives, no massive superstars that the press want to bring down a peg or two. That's Southgate's doing for sure. He is really good at taking the pressure on himself and just letting the players play.

Never came out in the 2nd half . Very disappointing. Mount offered nothing.

Can't say much about the penalties because 99% of us would bottle it. Maguire hit a great one.

Friend of mine was doing security. He told me a woman security guard suffered broken ribs being assaulted by a man. Barbaric

Just feel so desperately sorry for Saka. No criticism of the individual penalty takers, but the choice of them had me scratching my head. I've heard the logic about why them, but it is questionable logic in my eyes.
Should not have got to that though; going into the tournament we were saying that with our wealth of attacking talent, we are going to have to out score teams, sadly there was none of that on display.
GS's in-game management last night was very poor, and is what eventually did for us. Mancini was magnificent with his tactical changes and completely out-thought GS.
Hendo on for Rice was just daft, that was not a formation change, when that's what was needed; why not go more attacking, give them something to worry about? They have little pace at the back, but we made very few attempts to exploit this, which disappointed.

In tournament football it is the correct thing to do and set up not to lose, but then when the final comes you should at least try and win it.

Great experience for the whole team though, and it should serve them well for future.
I can't criticise too much as this is the best most of us have seen.

Now, back to being disappointed with Forest.

Just feel so desperately sorry for Saka. No criticism of the individual penalty takers, but the choice of them had me scratching my head. I've heard the logic about why them, but it is questionable logic in my eyes.
Should not have got to that though; going into the tournament we were saying that with our wealth of attacking talent, we are going to have to out score teams, sadly there was none of that on display.
GS's in-game management last night was very poor, and is what eventually did for us. Mancini was magnificent with his tactical changes and completely out-thought GS.
Hendo on for Rice was just daft, that was not a formation change, when that's what was needed; why not go more attacking, give them something to worry about? They have little pace at the back, but we made very few attempts to exploit this, which disappointed.

In tournament football it is the correct thing to do and set up not to lose, but then when the final comes you should at least try and win it.

Great experience for the whole team though, and it should serve them well for future.
I can't criticise too much as this is the best most of us have seen.

Now, back to being disappointed with Forest.
Mancini did out think Southgate, I only hope he's learning as well as the players. He's still fairly green as a manager Mancini has so much more experience, we could all see them getting on top and he didn't do anything till it was too late.

It's nice to make a final, not sure it's any nicer losing in a final than a semi though both suck.

Disappointed about social media abuse. Just dont get it, there was.no drinking or scandel etc. Dont think anyone really let us down. GS could have done things bit different.

The country has a lot of ***** and social media has allowed them to be amplified and also made them feel they can rightly be racist and and Brexit opened up pandoras box for the racists