Euros | Page 77 | Vital Football

Euros

Mount's been underwhelming so far in the games he's played, probably the least effective of the attacking midfielders. Can't call what he will do tonight, maybe the same as the last game. I have feeling Grealish might get a start though, as he was not used against the Ukraine.

Done my very best not to get excited and to not let hope blossom. Cant stand yet another disappointment but wtf i cant help it.

The spanish must be absolutely kicking themselves. They controlled the game for large periods and really should have won. It was just like watching england of old.

Denmark are a better ukraine but without their best player. Everyone expects a win. This is probably our most difficult game from a mental perspective and our biggest test. Dont think this one will go to penalties.

Denmark are a good side and have done fantastically well to overcome the chaos of that first game - emotion has driven them, but their route to semis has been easier than ours.

We just need to hold our nerve, stay clam and stick to what we've been doing, defensive solidity and hopefully, nick an early goal .... easier said than done in such games though.

I think it will be the same team or replace Sancho with Saka.

Walker will get the nod over Trippier because of his pace and Mount will get the nod ahead of Grealish and Foden because he is better defensively.

Back four. 2 holding midfield. Trippier to get nod ahead of Walker because of crossing and dead ball. England have a quality squad to utilise. With so many substitutes England can afford to rest 5 players after an hour without weakening the 11 on the pitch. Therefore can afford to high energy press. Need to pass the ball along the back then down the wings with speed and purpose. Start the game at high tempo. Fullbacks to push on and Rice to hold in front of back 2. Phillips to push forward so sweeping just behind mid three. Mount to push right up alongside Kane. Sterling and whoever gets right wing slot to keep width but be willing to engage players inside so as to leave space for Shaw and Trips to go to by line. Keep up press and high tempo throughout the game. Football is such a simple game from where I am.

Walker has done well so far and trip can contribute from midfield. Wouldnt change anything from the Ukraine team as its a similar game.

Think we need to be patient on this one as it might take longer to break them down although i agree high tempo and high press.

Obviously another dream start will settle the nerves.

Denmark are a good side and have done fantastically well to overcome the chaos of that first game - emotion has driven them, but their route to semis has been easier than ours.

We just need to hold our nerve, stay clam and stick to what we've been doing, defensive solidity and hopefully, nick an early goal .... easier said than done in such games though.

If you were them they have to bet everything on a set play or fast counter attack. They are not that fast 😁 they must be worried about facing our attack the sks looked very good against ukraine and was the first time they had played together!

Last 2 games Italy have looked knackered after 55/60 mins

their defenders cannot handle pace and foul rather than risk getting through, should we win tonight…which isn’t a guarantee , i think our pace will cause them huge issues

This is my issue red, i quietly think we have a great chance against the i-ties but its distracting from denmark and fooking with the joojoo needed for tonight

Last 2 games Italy have looked knackered after 55/60 mins

their defenders cannot handle pace and foul rather than risk getting through, should we win tonight…which isn’t a guarantee , i think our pace will cause them huge issues

Spinazzola was a big loss for them. Don't bank on Denmark not injuring a couple of English players.

Mount's been underwhelming so far in the games he's played, probably the least effective of the attacking midfielders. Can't call what he will do tonight, maybe the same as the last game. I have feeling Grealish might get a start though, as he was not used against the Ukraine.
Totally agree. I would leave out Mount and one of Phillips or Rice. Having Henderson makes us better, and I feel Foden and Grealish are better and more effective than Mount. Then choose between Saka and Sancho

Totally agree. I would leave out Mount and one of Phillips or Rice. Having Henderson makes us better, and I feel Foden and Grealish are better and more effective than Mount. Then choose between Saka and Sancho
Also, Saka can easily slot into the midfield 3 on the left side as an option. This kid plays anywhere

Grealish will draw the fouls which makes set pieces important. He may start Mount for 55 mins and when Denmark start tiring and less able defenders are brought on draw fouls. Personally I would withdraw one of defensive midfields and play both Mount and Grealish. 4:1:4:1. For last 30 mins.

Did anyone hear Sterling's P teacher's interview on 5 Live?
That guy is an expert at avoiding stupid, racebaiting questions...
Sutton: "Raheem always seems to have to win people over, why do you think that is?"
Teacher: "I don't know, but what I can tell you is its always been his dream to play at Wembley"

:rotfl::rotfl: