Euros | Page 3 | Vital Football

Euros

When was the last time England beat a serious team in a knockout game? Not a mid ranking Sweden type, but a proper team like Germany?

They beat Argentina in a group game in 2002
Did they beat Germany in a group game in 2000?

They beat Spain in the Quarters of Euro 96, but Spain were no real force then. And obviously Holland, but that was not knockout.

I'm really struggling here.

I can remember them getting knocked out by Germany a couple of times, Argentina, Portugal twice, Brazil and Italy. I can't remember them ever beating a team at that level in a knockout game when it counted.

We are poss being harsh, I imagine that unless you make the semi's regularly then those stats are going to apply to many sides.

Harry Kane is potentially/possibly the best goalscorer in the world.
Up front, the Sterlings, Mounts, Fodens etc all just made the European cup final. Some of the most productive attacking fullbacks. Good crosssers of the ball and several who can score a free kick from various angles and distances.
I can't imagine us struggling to score right now to be honest.
Seems we just gotto pack that centre up tight, Maybe Hendo n Rice both play in there. Experience and energy and pretty solid.
We look good.

Any update on De Bruyne injury?

Not a very good day for him, losing in the playoffs and not making the Wales squad. See Oliver Burke didn't make the Scotland squad either.
Indeed.
At least he can watch the Euros and come back even hungrier with the world cup not that far away :)

We are poss being harsh, I imagine that unless you make the semi's regularly then those stats are going to apply to many sides.

Harry Kane is potentially/possibly the best goalscorer in the world.
Up front, the Sterlings, Mounts, Fodens etc all just made the European cup final. Some of the most productive attacking fullbacks. Good crosssers of the ball and several who can score a free kick from various angles and distances.
I can't imagine us struggling to score right now to be honest.
Seems we just gotto pack that centre up tight, Maybe Hendo n Rice both play in there. Experience and energy and pretty solid.
We look good.

Any update on De Bruyne injury?
If you want to see where England are most likely to fall apart, look below
Screenshot_20210601-194250_Sky News.jpg
That lot could barely control their bladder, let alone a top level game of international football

Think someone at inews needs to update their records ! Scott McKenna (Aberdeen) !!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...t-every-squad-when-teams-announcement-1007674

Scotland
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Hearts), David Marshall (Derby County), Jon McLaughlin (Rangers)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds United), Declan Gallagher (Motherwell), Grant Hanley (Norwich City), Jack Hendry (KV Oostende, on loan from Celtic), Scott McKenna (Aberdeen), Stephen O’Donnell (Motherwell), Nathan Patterson (Rangers), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Kieran Tierney (Arsenal), Greg Taylor (Celtic)
Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Billy Gilmour (Chelsea), John Fleck (Sheffield United), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), John McGinn (Aston Villa), David Turnbull (Celtic)

Forwards: Che Adams (Southampton), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Lyndon Dykes (Queens Park Rangers), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (Newcastle United), Kevin Nisbet (Hibernian)

Think someone at inews needs to update their records ! Scott McKenna (Aberdeen) !!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...t-every-squad-when-teams-announcement-1007674

Scotland
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Hearts), David Marshall (Derby County), Jon McLaughlin (Rangers)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds United), Declan Gallagher (Motherwell), Grant Hanley (Norwich City), Jack Hendry (KV Oostende, on loan from Celtic), Scott McKenna (Aberdeen), Stephen O’Donnell (Motherwell), Nathan Patterson (Rangers), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Kieran Tierney (Arsenal), Greg Taylor (Celtic)
Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Billy Gilmour (Chelsea), John Fleck (Sheffield United), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), John McGinn (Aston Villa), David Turnbull (Celtic)

Forwards: Che Adams (Southampton), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Lyndon Dykes (Queens Park Rangers), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (Newcastle United), Kevin Nisbet (Hibernian)

Hardly surprising if they didn't notice he's signed for us.

Did he even manage 10 games last season?

What is the crack with taking 4 right backs, would have at least taken Ward Prowse instead of one of those. I guess he's going 523 or what ever it is, but still very light in cm.

What is the crack with taking 4 right backs, would have at least taken Ward Prowse instead of one of those. I guess he's going 523 or what ever it is, but still very light in cm.

Perhaps he will play TAA as a holding mid.

You would have thought that he would have tried this in a couple of friendlies first before selecting him for a tournament as the fourth RB!

Ill be surprised if we win a single game and wont be surprised if we win the whole thing

This is new territory for every nation because of covid

It is a bizarre decision especially when we have left Ollie Watkins and Ward-Prowse at home.