Euros | Page 2 | Vital Football

Euros

Excluding Spain in '96 and Belgium and Cameroon in '90, which were all very much borderline, we haven't won against a top team in the knockout stages of a tournament since '66.

And we never achieved one prior to '66 either.

Basically the record of the England Men's National Football Team is one of the only things in professional sport that makes Nottingham Forest look like we have bottle.

Thought wed win the last one and im 100% convinced we lost because brexit result was the day previous and everyone was in limbo wierd land for a day or two, People forget that surreal feeling of when Brexit happened.

We are even better equiped now. I can only fancy sides by going through the team as a neutral and seeing how many top players a squad has and we have as good a squad as anybody, quite easily.

If Southgate takes the breaks off and we actually play our game at the pace we play here we have a chance, we won't though we will try and play the passing patient game that we aren't great at and the other sides will pull us apart.

If Southgate takes the breaks off and we actually play our game at the pace we play here we have a chance, we won't though we will try and play the passing patient game that we aren't great at and the other sides will pull us apart.
Yep.If he plays 2 holding central midfielder players then that will hold us back.I would play 343. At the back I would have Maguire, Stones and Walker.Midfield Chilwell ,Mount,Rice and James or Trent Alexander. Then Foden and Grealish up with Kane.Not sure which goalie.

Yep.If he plays 2 holding central midfielder players then that will hold us back.I would play 343. At the back I would have Maguire, Stones and Walker.Midfield Chilwell ,Mount,Rice and James or Trent Alexander. Then Foden and Grealish up with Kane.Not sure which goalie.
This leaves out Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood and Vardy. Just shows we have quite a threatening attack if we let it flow.
The rest of the side is made up of good players too. Undecided on Southgate but he has some decent material to work with.

That's been the case for as long as I can remember and it just doesn't work for us.We need to let the players play the way they are used to. We should adopt the Brian Clough approach and let them worry about the way we play and not vice versa. We are also guilty of playing players out of their normal position and wondering why they don'y reproduce their club form.

This leaves out Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood and Vardy. Just shows we have quite a threatening attack if we let it flow.
The rest of the side is made up of good players too. Undecided on Southgate but he has some decent material to work with.

Vardy retired from international football didn’t he?

Ingerland it’s hard to care isn’t it? Bunch of bottling clowns, fans are too cockney (should’ve kept touring around)

Brennan Johnson not selected in the Wales squad. I assume Scott McKenna is the only Forest player we might get to see.

Why would Wales leave out Brennan Johnson?

I'm sure his father thinks he is like a new age combination of Bale and Ramsey and was destined to be one of the stars of the tournament.

Ingerland it’s hard to care isn’t it? Bunch of bottling clowns, fans are too cockney (should’ve kept touring around)
I'm actually looking forward to it.
It has been a record crap year pretty much all round and it will be nice to relax in front of the TV with a few beers and a few mates. Or the family, I suppose..

It can be hard to care about England but the international tournaments are about more than England - a bit of other home nation interest, and it's always good to watch, say, Germany v France (even if they can't both lose).

Bring it on. All round to mine. Bring crisps!

Yeah, I think so. Haven't been paying much attention.
He's still a good player and I'm sure he could be tempted to play if Sir Gareth wanted him in the team.

Yes, that Queen's Honour took the piss.

For what?

Was it for losing to a second world nation with a population smaller than London in the semi-final?

Or was it for deliberately throwing the group game with Belgium to set up an easier route to bottle it in the semi-final?

I'm actually looking forward to it.
It has been a record crap year pretty much all round and it will be nice to relax in front of the TV with a few beers and a few mates. Or the family, I suppose..

It can be hard to care about England but the international tournaments are about more than England - a bit of other home nation interest, and it's always good to watch, say, Germany v France (even if they can't both lose).

Bring it on. All round to mine. Bring crisps!

To be fair yes some quality football & drinking is good to look forward to.