Euros | Page 87 | Vital Football

Euros

Not gonna slate the team or be negative before kick off but I’m gutted he’s gone 5 at the back. We’ve looked so much better these last 2 games under the normal formation and thought he got away with it against Germany playing this way. We’ll see.

Think he is trying to force the Italians out a bit to generate space for us to get in. Agree with polly, a tense first hour. Would be great if we can take advantage in the first 5mins tho

I disagree.

I didn’t think we attacked well at all vs Germany and the goal we did came out of nowhere.

Spain went at Italy and were incredibly unfortunate not to win in normal team. Our stronger forwards would punish Italy.
But England won't be able to dominate the midfield like Spain. Engand's passing isn't in the same league as Spain's.

Their flanks are a bit more vulnerable so it makes sense.

It's a choice between two options, both have their merits and their risks. To be honest, I'm not sure there is much to pick between them. I would have gone with what Southgate has chosen, you would have gone the other way. We'll only know definitely if one was the right way if England win with the back three.

I'm not sure about Mount in this team. He's not really impressed me at all so far.
Mounts in there as much because he tracks back better than the other attacking players that we have.

Depending how the game is going we should see one or more of Saka, Grealish and/or Sancho around the hour mark.

I must admit I have been more nervous for us having the lead than if we hadn’t scored.

Game still poised with both teams having chances. Am just a bit wary of Phillips as he has looked a little out of his depth as though he is chasing shadows.

Italy nowhere near as good as I thought they would be, but still have enough technical quality to turn this around.

That quick shot blocked by Stones scared the shit out of me. They'll score from something like that if they do.

But England look like scoring everytime they go forward, especially out wide. But for slightly off final passes, this could be 3-0 now.

This could be either team's, but I don't discount the possibility of Luke Shaw's goal being decisive.

Could England go through this tournament without conceding from open play?

Next goal, if there is one, will indicate the winner I think

Italy nowhere near as good as I thought they would be, but still have enough technical quality to turn this around.

That quick shot blocked by Stones scared the shit out of me. They'll score from something like that if they do.

But England look like scoring everytime they go forward, especially out wide. But for slightly off final passes, this could be 3-0 now.

This could be either team's, but I don't discount the possibility of Luke Shaw's goal being decisive.

Could England go through this tournament without conceding from open play?

Next goal, if there is one, will indicate the winner I think
I think Italy have been pegged back by the fact that we keep breaking on them. They have some good technical players and Chiesa and Insigne have looked good but Immobile is not great as a striker or a focal point.