Euros | Page 4 | Vital Football

Euros

I do think Mount is a terrific little player.
Mount and Bellingham are both quality players although Bellingham needs a couple of years.

Declan Rice isn’t a bad player either but I don’t see any combination of those central midfielders that could control a game at the highest level which is worrying as they are the best that we have.

We also struggle at centre back and I am far from convinced by Pickford in goal...

He's said this is our best 26 footballers and if he could have picked a 5th or 6th right back he probably would…bonkers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601-215157.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601-215157.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 6
Mount and Bellingham are both quality players although Bellingham needs a couple of years.

Declan Rice isn’t a bad player either but I don’t see any combination of those central midfielders that could control a game at the highest level which is worrying as they are the best that we have.

We also struggle at centre back and I am far from convinced by Pickford in goal...

I haven't seen enough of Bellingham to have a real sense of how he'd perform at the highest level.

I haven't seen enough of Bellingham to have a real sense of how he'd perform at the highest level.
I have seen him a few times which is enough to show he has some serious ability not to mention he is already starting to take control of games for Dortmund. With the right coaching he could be fantastic in future years, he just needs to keep making the right decisions with his career.

Hate to say it but that runt mount is a quality player. Not sure he or the other young hopes such as foden and bellingham have the experience and mentality to handle the big teams and games.

GS has clearly gone all in on the idea you take the best players but does suggest tactics and strategy are perhaps less developed. Another naive England? Hard to say but nothing so far ive seen leads me to think we will see anything different to what has been predicted on ere.

Obviously wud love to be proved wrong.

Hate to say it but that runt mount is a quality player. Not sure he or the other young hopes such as foden and bellingham have the experience and mentality to handle the big teams and games.

GS has clearly gone all in on the idea you take the best players but does suggest tactics and strategy are perhaps less developed. Another naive England? Hard to say but nothing so far ive seen leads me to think we will see anything different to what has been predicted on ere.

Obviously wud love to be proved wrong.

Southgate doesn't strike me as the type that has any particular capacity for stuff relating to tactics or strategy.

He seems to be all about making the players and supporters feel good about themselves and relying on that to carry the day and very little else.

Southgate doesn't strike me as the type that has any particular capacity for stuff relating to tactics or strategy.

He seems to be all about making the players and supporters feel good about themselves and relying on that to carry the day and very little else.

If we are being absolutely brutal, yea this is what i think. A less shrewd terry venables.

Do i think we have a chance with this set up? The kids do seem to like GS and look like they play for him,just not convinced it will be enough. Indeed not nearly enough.

If we are being absolutely brutal, yea this is what i think. A less shrewd terry venables.

Do i think we have a chance with this set up? The kids do seem to like GS and look like they play for him,just not convinced it will be enough. Indeed not nearly enough.

This sounds like a very tenable explanation.

If you want to see where England are most likely to fall apart, look below
View attachment 49225
That lot could barely control their bladder, let alone a top level game of international football

lol There's actually 2 'european cup' winners in that 5 tho, we shouldnt underestimate that professionalism in the middle. And with the players we have with attacking flair I suggested we only need to really cram that midfield with bodies to break up the opposition. Whilst I dont think players like Hendo are particularly great I do respect that thier teams win trophies with them in the side.

Lets not get carried away with tactics lads, weve seen it for ourselves, goals win prizes, theres stacks of goals in our side all over the pitch