Euros | Page 30 | Vital Football

Euros

He tends to play in Foden's position, which one plays out of their comfort zone?

Everyone was mediocre at best last night.
Sterling played more than well enough against Croatia in that position so I would always be looking to start him because of what he brings and I have no problem with the fact he started last night. Foden looked livelier last night than on Sunday but he was still largely ineffective while Mount had one of his worst games in an England shirt.

I wanted to see an England that was let off its leash but what we got was a timid and uncertain performance. Some players created that performance while others were victims of it…

Grealish is quality in the Premier League but has a long way to go before he can be considered world class.

Not sure how many England players deserve that moniker in fairness. Perhaps Kane and Sterling when they are in form..?
you can only judge what you see week in week out, Week in week out Grielish does look world class. World class being good enough to represent your country after all at a competetive level. Certainly looks capable of that. I think when people say 'world class' sometimes they mean one of the best 20 players in the world perhaps but in reality there's hundreds of em :)

Wouldn't say Grealish is world class, but he is one of our best players.

Would say there's probably not an awful lot to choose between him, Mount and Foden, but I would say he looks more likely top make something happen than either of them.

Obviously he is disadvantaged against Foden, because he doesn't have Man City's players around him to make him look even better and he's disadvantaged against Mount, because he doesn't have Fat Frank Golden Boy Lampard permanently inside him and talking him up at every opportunity.

Obviously another big challenge with Grealish is that he seems to have a personality and one can see how that would be a problem for someone like Southgate.

you can only judge what you see week in week out, Week in week out Grielish does look world class. World class being good enough to represent your country after all at a competetive level. Certainly looks capable of that. I think when people say 'world class' sometimes they mean one of the best 20 players in the world perhaps but in reality there's hundreds of em :)
He has done nothing yet to prove he is world class. He hasn’t taken too teams apart on a regular basis yet.

I am not necessarily saying he isn’t but what has he actually done so far..?

If this ends level our draw with Scotland won't look as ropey. Can't really call an obvious tournament winner currently, maybe Italy but they haven't really been tested.

He has done nothing yet to prove he is world class. He hasn’t taken too teams apart on a regular basis yet.

I am not necessarily saying he isn’t but what has he actually done so far..?
He probably has the potential to become world class but If the manger refuses to start him & play him in his best position we won't get chance to find out if he can realise that potential. It is what England have lacked since Gascoigne a truly world class player who can produce moments of brilliance to lift the team from the ordinary like Bale has done for Wales (at least when he isn't blazing penalties over the bar)