Euros Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Euros Thread

If Italy had a Paulo Rossi or even a Toto Scillaci they would be unbeatable. The lack of a tip top striker could cost them.
It's not like Spain has a tip top striker though. Even less so. I wouldn't want to predict Spain v Italy. Can make a case for either, won't be much in it.

Just watched the extended highlights of Italy v Spain. Spain, by far the superior team(just couldn't put the ball in the net enough from their umpteen chances), have been knocked out on penalties leaving the possibility of England v Italy in the Final. I'm confident Engerrrland can put Denmark to bed early in the game tonight and give Italy (unusually, playing a defensive game against Spain) a sound thrashing on Sunday. :clown:

Last edited:
Best possible result for England last night.
The extra time and drain of penalties only enhances the opportunity that is presenting itself.

Unless of course the Vikings take England to penalties...

Speaking of which, I wonder who Bear will be barracking for? His oft-mentioned Vikings or his adopted English culture?

Unless of course the Vikings take England to penalties...

Speaking of which, I wonder who Bear will be barracking for? His oft-mentioned Vikings or his adopted English culture?
Do not want him going back to his ancestral roots R and P.

England into extra time now - c'mon England!

PS I, unlike some other parochial posters on here, want ANY home country to do well.

Sorry but that was nowhere near a penalty. There was no contact on Sterling whatsoever but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Well done England - much deserved although the Danes were a shadow of their former self. Bring on the 'reverse gear tanks'.....

Sorry but that was nowhere near a penalty. There was no contact on Sterling whatsoever but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Had that have happened on any other part of the pitch, would it have been given as a foul ? Most very likely, so why do the rules have to change inside the penalty box ?

Kasper Schmeichel must be one of the best keepers in the World at this present time. A well deserved win for England and it was a penalty without a doubt in my book. Italy are very beatable if they continue to play their defensive game. Bring it home Engerrrland. :clown:

Kasper Schmeichel must be one of the best keepers in the World at this present time. A well deserved win for England and it was a penalty without a doubt in my book. Italy are very beatable if they continue to play their defensive game. Bring it home Engerrrland. :clown:

Schmeichel has opened himself up to years of abuse at every ground he plays at now following his pre-match comments about it's never been home.
I'm expecting thousands of gifs today showing him saying it and then the penalty cutting in.